lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #1
Peter W
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2011 Precedent Differential Guard / Skid Plate

After a couple of months of searching for a decent gas buggy within my budget, I've finally bought a 2011 gas Precedent to replace my 2001 electric DS. The Precedent has spent its life so far leased by a Club Car main dealer to a golf club here in the United Kingdom, who used it as one of six daily hire vehicles for visiting golfers.

I've given it a thorough check-over today and discovered that, unlike the three older gas Precedents and the five gas DS buggies parked in the members' buggy compound at my golf club, my buggy does not have a metal rear differential guard / skid plate bolted to the differential housing. Is this normal or should I be going back to the Club Car dealership and asking them to fit one? My golf course is flat with no rocks so there is really no huge risk of anything damaging an unguarded differential housing.

I think that I've already solved the mystery of four unattached electric wires in the engine bay after looking at the Club Car wiring diagram on the Internet but would appreciate confirmation or otherwise. There are two blue wires that terminate in insulated female spade connectors, one emerging from the main wiring loom near the solenoid and the other spliced in a sealed joint to the thinner of the red leads attached to the positive battery input terminal of the solenoid. My guess is that, connected together via a fuse, these two wires would provide positive current for front and rear lights, which my buggy doesn't have. There is also a pair of thin wires, one red and one black and, again, terminating in unconnected insulated female spade connectors. My guess for these is that they are for connection to an 'hours' gauge, which my buggy does not have.

Your comments will be appreciated.
Peter W is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2016, 10:47 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 2011 Precedent Differential Guard / Skid Plate

Differential guards are optional equipment. They are not standard. Those wires you're seeing the ends of are also for optional equipment such as an hour meter or a light kit.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car