lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default one backfire

I am sure this has been asked and answered 1000 times; I did a quick scan and couldn't find a recent thread.

96 DS gasser - I have been messing with the throttle to black box rod, trying to find the sweet spot. I got this used so I have no idea if anything or everything has been tampered with. I seem to have it pretty close, I think.

It works great just buzzing around, but if I take it on a long haul, coming up to a stop sign, every once and a while, it will burp one loud backfire; and every once and a while it will act like it wants to keep chugging, for just a slight moment. Nothing consistent, just random - still annoying though.

Any ideas - I am thinking shorting the rod one more turn might get it, but I am not sure. Also wondered if coasting to a stop is pumping gas into it and that is causing it.
shootrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #2
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: one backfire

Is the gas old. The first thing I do is drain all the fuel and replace. To many people fill these carts up and it takes a year or longer to use it.
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:44 AM   #3
shootrig
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Its half old, I put some fresh in it the other day. I would think old gas would make it act sluggish, not backfire. I thought only a rich mixture or excess unburned fuel (rich again) will cause a backfire. Maybe I am incorrect....
shootrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #4
ONEDAY
Gone Wild

Usually it back fires because the butterfly in the carb is not shutting all the way, that will cause a back fire when you let off the gas pedal
ONEDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car