lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #1
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default New to gas

I just sold my 2010 club car precedent 48volt, now I'm wanting to get a gas perecedent! What years or what year is the best gas cart to look for ? Motor size and all? I would like to get speeds around 25mph like I had with my electric cart. I know everything when it comes to the electric carts but clueless on the gas carts! I'm not looking to life the cart at all, but I will be adding larger wheels and tires. Trying to make a street cart for the neighborhood. Something that looks sporty and goes around 25mph if possible!! Any ideas or suggestions please post them below.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-08-2016, 06:11 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: New to gas

2008 to 2014 Precedents come stock with an 11.5hp FE350 engine,
as compared to the 9.5hp FE290 in earlier Precedents, and most DS's!
The FE350 (with some minor mods) and 22" tires will get you there!

When shopping... make sure to check the engine bar code sticker to confirm it's an FE350!

001 (2).JPG

002 (2).JPG

I think some 2015 and all 2016 Precedents come with the new 14.5hp Subaru engine,
I'm not familiar with them, but I'm intrigued!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:23 AM   #3
ezgo on fire
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think some 2015 and all 2016 Precedents come with the new 14.5hp Subaru engine,
I'm not familiar with them, but I'm intrigued!

I hated to see the rock solid Kawasaki go away.
Also I'm not a huge fan of fuel injection on a small motor
ezgo on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 09:41 AM   #4
mymonstertruck
Gone Wild

Club Car

What needs to be done with the 350 engine to get around 25mph? Im not going to lift the cart. I'm going to put the biggest street tires I can with out a lift. And is a new clutch kit recommend ? And if so are they exspensive?. I'm just looking to make a street cart.
mymonstertruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car