lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-03-2016, 04:41 PM   #51
HoosierCubFan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1996 gas club car runs fine for short periods then quits.

Is there any way I can ensure the coil is sending spark out without having the plug cap securely in place? The cart would not fire immediately after changing the coil. I replaced the cap with a cheap one I got from a local lawnmower co. Still no spark. I put the old cap back on, it fired immediately although it didn't last long. That's why I think it's a connection issue. Nothing else was changed when I changed the caps. Just about ready to bite the bullet if I can't figure it out. I've tried removing the wire and reattaching the cap but still no luck.
HoosierCubFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #52
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

You can try to start the cart and hold the wire next to a bolt on the motor, You should see spark if it is present.. Be careful when holding the wire next to the bolt, Make sure you have rubber handles, Plastic pliers work great...

Ant...
Ant-Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 11:01 AM   #53
HoosierCubFan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm not ready to say for sure but I THINK I finally got it. I reconnected the plug cap last night. It turned over but no spark. Battery seemed a little weak so I put it on the charger overnight. Went out this morning and was going to try to improve the connection but decided to give it another try first. It fired up! I went out and drove it for 20 minutes without an issue. Let it sit for a few minutes and it started right up again. Going to give it a try out on the course this afternoon. I think it was a problem of weak connection with the plug and a weak battery. I know I need to replace the battery cause it's several years old but I'm going to try it as is for a few days to see how it does.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:38 PM   #54
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierCubFan View Post
I'm not ready to say for sure but I THINK I finally got it. I reconnected the plug cap last night. It turned over but no spark. Battery seemed a little weak so I put it on the charger overnight. Went out this morning and was going to try to improve the connection but decided to give it another try first. It fired up! I went out and drove it for 20 minutes without an issue. Let it sit for a few minutes and it started right up again. Going to give it a try out on the course this afternoon. I think it was a problem of weak connection with the plug and a weak battery. I know I need to replace the battery cause it's several years old but I'm going to try it as is for a few days to see how it does.

Great,
Sounds like you may have it licked...
Hopefully that will take care of it...

Just keep us posted...

Ant...
Old 10-04-2016, 03:51 PM   #55
HoosierCubFan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Went out for 18 holes this afternoon, no problems. Fingers crossed!
Old 10-04-2016, 03:52 PM   #56
HoosierCubFan
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I appreciate everyone's help!
Old 10-04-2016, 05:05 PM   #57
Ant-Knee
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierCubFan View Post
I appreciate everyone's help!
Nice,

Good Job Bud,

Ant...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car