lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2016, 08:34 PM   #1
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Gas Cart; Battery Question

I have head/taillights and am installing a 12v cig plug, LED strip lights, LED bars (eventually), and Bluetooth amp with two 4x6 speakers out of my old Benz. I'd like to make sure I have some reserve battery power and was wondering two things:

1) within reason, what's the highest capacity battery/largest form factor (I assume a physically larger battery will hold more AH, correct me if I'm wrong) that will fit in the standard spot without any/much modification

2) where would you put a 2nd battery? I'd wire it in series to keep 12v and will the S/G top them both off in a water finding its own level kind of way?

Thanks for your time!
zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-24-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Gas Cart; Battery Question

A deep cycle battery may work, but I have never done one in a club car before. Group 70 is a small battery to begin with. Problem with going with a bigger battery in a club car is, you run the risk of it rubbing/breaking the air box lid and that will cause running issues. (I see a lot of this where I am)
adding another battery will take some fab work. I'm sure it could be done.

The starter/Generator could have a issue trying to keep 2 batteries at peak.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 09:36 AM   #3
crzycartz2016
Not Yet Wild

You could put a extra battery in the rear where your golf bags use to sit or if inhale a back seat put it in between the bars just get a nice battery box or black plastic one that will hide it like I use to run in race car there not expensive and will be clean looking
crzycartz2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 01:11 AM   #4
zombiehunter
Not Yet Wild

Both are good points/ideas thanks a lot!
zombiehunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car