lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2017, 08:09 PM   #1
Rebel Metal
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo 1991 gas golf cart

I have replaced battery, solenoid, key switch and had the the starter reworked still have nothing to roll over motor. I tried jumping from battery positive to coil and motor turns over then if i jump from battery positive to microswitch on pedal it turns over. Also if i jump from battery postive to outpost on solenoid to starter it turns over. Not sure if I should replace coil or microswitch maybe both. any help is appreciated
Rebel Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-27-2017, 08:40 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo 1991 gas golf cart

Have you checked fuses?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #3
Rebel Metal
Not Yet Wild

I replaced that too in the process of replacing things thanks for reply
Old 09-27-2017, 11:48 PM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

What "coil" are you jumping positive onto?

Is this the twin cylinder robin engined TXT model or the two stroke?

If TXT then if you are getting crank by jumping at the microswitch, this is the first part of the circuit after the fuse, so jumping on the volts out terminal makes it all work then the microswitch or fuse is the cause unless a wire is broken. Use a volt meter and see if you have power to the switch, If so and you get no power coming out of the switch, then the switch is definitely faulty. when you push the pedal, you should hear the switch lightly click. If not then its shot.

The circuit component order is, Fuse first, then microswitch, then ignition switch, then the solenoid. power through this circuit will energise the solenoid which then directs power to the motor. so that is the order you need to check things. Just jumping a positive wire around can do more damage than good. Hope you find this useful.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:17 PM   #5
Rebel Metal
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for info it is a two stroke and the coil is for the wire going to the spark plug
Old 09-28-2017, 12:37 PM   #6
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like wire / fuse holder problem. Check if you have power to the fuse, then out of the fuse. I know you said the fuse is good, but it sounds like getting power to almost anything past the fuse let's it run.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel Metal View Post
Thanks for info it is a two stroke and the coil is for the wire going to the spark plug
I think you will find the coil will not be part of your issue. I don't see many two strokes here in the UK, but I believe the crank circuit is the same or very similar. My test in earlier post should see you right. Disconnect the two wires from the pedal switch and connect them together. If the motor turns as soon as you turn the ignition switch then definitely suspect the pedal switch.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #8
Rebel Metal
Not Yet Wild

thank you for replies
i bought a new fuse link and fuse still had nothing so i tied the limit switch together and turned key on and immediately turned over so i know limit switch is bad. then i pulled the plug wire off of plug to see if i had spark going through and had nothing so i am thinking i should get a new coil and wire any thoughts here? the plug wire is molded into coil so i cant just replace wire which would have been cheaper
Old 09-28-2017, 07:15 PM   #9
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

" i pulled the plug wire off of plug to see if i had spark going through and had nothing" so you just pulled it off and looked in the boot? Or did you throw a spark tester on it?
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #10
Rebel Metal
Not Yet Wild

I used a screwdriver to try and cross it between plug and boot sorry should have been more specific

Tags
no spark tried everything
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO