lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-07-2017, 02:27 PM   #1
nomogolf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1999 txt lost power

1999 ezgo gas. Granddaughter ran cart last weekend for over 10 miles without any problems. Parked cart for three days. When trying to use it again it had no power and barely climbed a slight grade on the street. Plugs are carboned but dry and exhaust smells "rich". Ordered and received new carb. Ready to install once hurricane departs. Are there any carb adjustments other than idle that I need to make once I install the carb. Please advise.

On a previous thread, I found the generator defective. Thanks to all who responded.
nomogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-07-2017, 07:17 PM   #2
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 txt lost power

the new carbs need to be thoroughly broken down and cleaned thoroughly prior to use, most have manufacturing residue, etc that needs to be removed before it breaks loose and causes problems (On the upside, THANKS CHINA for the $28 carbs, LOL) ... Some work fine and stay that way, some work fine for a little bit then plug up, some don't work from the get-go until they're cleaned - but as a rule, they WILL work as good as an OEM once they're broken down and cleaned up.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:03 AM   #3
nomogolf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you. I can do that.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:00 AM   #4
nomogolf
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I disassembled the new carb and spray-cleaned all holes, ports and passage ways. Reassembled and installed carb. This was not the problem. Even though the old carb appeared to have been abused with something, it did not fix the problem. The bottom of the bowl on the old carb was dented and had heavy gouges to its edges. It looked 18 years old. But the problem was fixed. I found that one spark plug had a very weak to non-existent spark. New plugs fixed the problem. The cart now has plenty of power and acceleration.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Glad to see You get her going again ... It's pretty much a rule of life, the cleanest carb in the world can't fix a spark problem LOL ...
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO