lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2017, 08:22 AM   #1
Carlspeed
Not Yet Wild

Default Help identify EZGO gas cart?

Getting this cart from my buddy hopefully this weekend. He isn't sure if it's the marathon or the medalist, as the plate is no longer readable. It is a gas motor now, and has the reverse in the axle. Here are some pictures. He thinks it's a '93 or '94 model. Thanks guys!

Note: It runs, and I'm getting it for $600. So whatever it is, isn't a huge deal to me. The engine is getting weak, and I will have to replace it soon I'm sure. Hence trying to make sure I know specifically what it is so I can get the appropriate stuff from one of the vendors to get a bit more speed out of it at the same time. I would like to get a newer/nicer cart, but this is like my umpteenth toy, so it's going to have to sit outside under a tarp anyway. May as well same money on body and chassis, and have a good motor that I can take to the trails for friends, if the quads are already been ridden. Which is a reason why I'm partial to a gas cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail (4).jpg (51.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (5).jpg (51.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (6).jpg (52.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (7).jpg (56.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail.jpg (48.6 KB, 0 views)
Carlspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2017, 08:23 AM   #2
Carlspeed
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Help identify EZGO gas cart?

more pics,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail (1).jpg (77.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (2).jpg (86.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg thumbnail (3).jpg (80.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-11-2017, 10:53 AM   #3
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

That's an old Marathon, probably a 93/94 being as it has the 4-stroke transaxle .. Motor looks like a Clone of some sort, which is a GOOD thing because You should be able to bolt a Vegas Carts 460 in there with little modification (think 35+mph and 25hp for $600, not a bad option, hey?) ...

If You do the Vegas conversion, there are a few mods You'll want to do with the install like get ahold of a Hitachi starter/generator as well as the mounting bracket VC sells, that with a few minor electrical tweaks will give You a LOT stronger charging circuit for lighting, accessories, etc as well as allowing You to retain the pedal start if desired.

You've got a great starting point there, the bulk of the engine swap has already been done by whomever put that clone in there !!!
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:26 AM   #4
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Brewcitymusic hit the nail on the head, I see it still has the factory driven clutch on it, looking at it, it looks a lot like the VC460 it has the starter/gen and a electric starter, maybe you can look into a freshen up kit for the engine that's in there, VegasCarts sells everything you could need to even build up what you got there.. oh by the way $600 is a good deal..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:06 PM   #5
Carlspeed
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! I know it has a new motor plate and exhaust from Vegas carts, so I'm hoping that when the motor dies I can swap in the Vegas one.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:45 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The AMD is also and option for the starter gen. Hitachi will work but a little weaker IMO..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:58 PM   #7
Carlspeed
Not Yet Wild

I got it today! Really happy. A friend took good care of me. I need to order a rear seat kit, and the bottom front seat. Anyone shed any light on the front kit? The bottom wood was in rain and is rotted. Do I get wood, and then new foam and a cover or what? The body of the cart is definitely metal. Does that mean it is the metalist? The top is off a newer cart he thinks. Any hidden VIN numbers that may be on the frame somewhere I can check? Thanks!!!!! It's loud but the little guy and me went around the neighborhood. Would have been ten times more fun if we weren't crouching over the engine lol.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:41 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

for the front seat, it's almost worth getting a whole new set, You can choose your colors, etc and it'll be under $200 for the complete set from M2 Seats (Mike M) ... You can search his auctions on the 'Bay or call him direct at 865 379 0018 ...

BTW, that cart is definitely a Marathon, not a Medalist :)
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 02:47 PM   #9
Carlspeed
Not Yet Wild

Thanks! I'm just confused because what I was reading seemed to indicate that the marathon was a plastic bodied cart. Is that not the case?
Old 10-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #10
ironmonkey17
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Nope, its a marathon..
ironmonkey17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO