lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Dewleyk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Another Driven Clutch Question

I am having problem in driveline with bad vibration and chatter
I have removed and cheched drive clutch with nothing out of ordinary for age. Test drive watching driven cluth a few things happen. When on decel as belt rises to top of clutch it will chatter an slide tires abruptly. The belt will have a lumpy appearance like the sheives are bent. I have checked runout on clutch halves,, both parrelel to each. Question— Can driven cluch return uneven to closed position or can belt be at fault. I only have 2 used belts at this time
to try
Dewleyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2017, 08:50 PM   #2
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Another Driven Clutch Question

I had read on the forum here to grab one of the driven clutch flanges (sheave as you call them) with one hand and grab the other with the other hand and see if you can twist (rotate) them in opposite directions. I guess it's an indicator of whether your ramp buttons on your clutch are shot.

It almost sounds to me by your description that there isn't enough tension there. I don't see how it could be the belt causing any problems considering it's the proper size.
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Dewleyk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

In meantime I checked runout both sides, backside has a section of about 1/8 inch swoop 2 inch longwhich would compress the belt to top of the grove causing the chatter and vibration. I bought this used, evidence on backside looks like a BF hammer was used. Seller said there was probably a clutch problem
Old 10-17-2017, 05:52 PM   #4
Dewleyk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I had checked previously as you suggested, innards seem ok. To pull clutch will be interesting. Thanks fer help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO