lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2017, 07:49 PM   #1
bdd012
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 txt slow acceleration

Hello, I just picked up a 2003 txt at an auction and am trying to work out a few bugs. My biggest problem right now is the slow acceleration when I put the pedal to the floor. It takes a long time for it to get up to speed when I mash on the pedal. If I push it gradually, it isn't as bad, but I still feel like it should have quicker response. There are a lot of adjustments on it so I didn't want to start adjusting the wrong one and end up hurting myself. Thanks for help!
bdd012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2017, 10:06 PM   #2
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 03 txt slow acceleration

First thing I start with is pull the carb off and clean it next would be setting valve lash and then cleaning/inspecting clutches once that is all done and still isn't up to par I'd do a compression check
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 12:05 PM   #3
bdd012
Not Yet Wild

Bought a new carb. Set the valves. One was way out of adjustment. Now it only seems to backfire when it’s warm. Compression check is next. Does anyone have a diagram of the carb? I found a thread on here, but it’s older and the pics are gone. I can’t find one online either. Thanks.
bdd012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #4
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Back firing can be caused by throttle opening before for spark easy way to check this is flip up the seat and move the gas peddle you want the cart to start turning over before the linkage on the carb moves
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 01:10 AM   #5
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

If only one valve was way out of adjustment, i would be doing a compression check as the very first thing. Low power and backfiring is also a symptom of what i suspect as possibly damaged inlet valves. being 2003, i am assuming a robin twin engine. a dry compression test first, then a wet test to confirm any issues. If the two compression tests give the same result of low compression and no difference between wet and dry, you will need to pull the head off and effect repairs as required. If there is a difference between wet and dry tests then you may be looking at rings too. If the tests go well, the next thing i would look at is the belt and clutches to see if they are performing correctly.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO