lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-23-2018, 01:49 PM   #1
rome4720
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 EZGO TXT losing prime

Alright guys, for some reason my golf cart started having trouble firing up awhile back. At first it just took a little more choke and a little longer to fire up and once it got going it had no problems until i let it sit overnight and then i would have the same problem on initial startup. Over the last year its gotten progressively worse. Now if i can even get it going it only runs if i use it every 30 minutes or so. I took it to a shop and they said the pump wasnt primed so they blew compressed air into the tank to force gas into the pump and fuel lines and it started working again. But again by the time i got it home and unloaded it wasnt working again. So my question is has anyone else experienced this issue and how did you correct it? BTW, the fuel pump is brand new and installed correctly, and all lines were checked for pinholes/leaks.

Thanks, Chris
rome4720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-23-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 EZGO TXT losing prime

Check / clean the carb. It should be able to fire up on the fuel sitting in the float bowl. To continue running it needs the flow from the tank, through the pump- but it sounds like you have that.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:46 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Also after carb is cleaned set valves lash to .004 tight intake valves can make them start hard
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 03:21 AM   #4
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
set valves lash to .004 tight intake valves can make them start hard
Almost definitely this is your issue.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
losing prime
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO