lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2018, 08:59 AM   #1
mikefoye
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGo RXV Gas Have to push gas pedal more than once

2009 RXV. When I press gas pedal the first time (choked) it turns over but will not kick in. If I punch it again hard it will usually go. After warming up (playing golf in and out of the cart) Sometimes it takes 2 - 3 punches on the pedal to get it going. Googled problem. Visited local repair facility and tech said it could be the pulse section (line) of the fuel pump. I replaced Plug, Battery, Fuel Filter and Fuel Pump. Still does same thing. Talked to a fellow golfer yesterday that has a 2014 and is doing exactly the same thing. Coincidentally we both never put gas in the carts without adding Seafoam treatment to keep the gas in good condition. Once we get them going they run great. It's that initial start that is a problem. Any help?
mikefoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-30-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: EZGo RXV Gas Have to push gas pedal more than once

To be clear. Step on the gas and motor cranks over but doesn't start?

OR

Step on the gas and you get nothing, motor doesn't crank at all?

Also, don't start by throwing parts at it, worse thing you can do, and if using non OEM parts, even worse.

Lets start with that. Cant believe someone said its the pulse line
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:28 PM   #3
mikefoye
Not Yet Wild

I press the pedal and it turns over but will not immediately start. I take my foot off the pedal and press it again and almost every time it will then start and go. Once in a while it will take 2 presses (turns over each time) to get it to start and go. I went to my local EZGO dealer (parts manager is friend of mine) and bought a tune-up kit - all OEM parts which included a plug, fuel filter, fuel pump, Air and Oil filters. I have not changed the oil filter yet but everything else is on. He suggested that it could be the pulse line but it was just a thought on his part without getting it into their shop. The reason I am on this forum is because of the coincidence with my friend's 2014 having exactly the same problem. I was thinking somebody else out there had the problem and found the solution.
mikefoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:49 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

OK. The pumping the pedal threw me off, as that's the common issue with the start/Stop switch.

Pumping the pedal in your situation, does nothing, its not a holley double pumper.
Since the cart runs fine once its going, Id go after a carb cleaning as that would be the most common issue with what your describing. Removing the carb, and all the jets , compressed air through all the passages would be where I would start.

Try not to pump the pedal and just let it crank till it starts. How long does that take before it starts?
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:41 PM   #5
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

It's probably time to adjust the valves too.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO