lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #11
vzdude
Gone Wild

Default Re: Replace Marathon metal body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltysteele View Post
what is yours
Sorry! Forgot to fill out sig! 84 Marathon.
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #12
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Hey,The TXT body swap isn't bad at all.you have to trim the corners of the dash-shelf and the seat-frame assembly has to be lowered and shortened a little.I can send build pics if anyone is interested.My info has pics of the completed cart,minus rocker-panel fillers,still have to make them up.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:12 PM   #13
iaefebs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The original post is 14 months old here. But looks to have gotten a new life. I'm still amazed that posters think that they will reduce weight by replacing the metal body. Anyone here ever weigh the body panels? Updating the body style is one thing.....reducing weight?.... I doubt it..
iaefebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #14
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The weight difference is minimal,But the ease of cleaning,especially underneath when in mud is sooo much nicer.I had my Dads lifted marathon out in the mud the other day and cleaning it was a chore compared to mine.You might save 10lbs,if that with the TXT body.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:03 AM   #15
olds94
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey pachanga interested in seeing the step by step of the txt body swap. I have a mid 80's with a beat up body and a 97 parts cart. Was there any cutting done to the frame?
thanks
Dave
olds94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #16
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

i'll see if i still have the pics on a card,if not i'll try to scan them in.The only real fabrication is the seat-area.You have to modify the framework that the seat-base panel and rear fenders attach to.It has to be lowered.The dash just gets trimmed to clear the rounded curve of the TXT nose.I haven't found a stock dash so i don't know how close it fits but the legs that run down the cowl are fairly straight so i'm sure its' close.I used the Marathon seat-back brackets,but made a new pad as mine was gone,but i'm going to install a TXT back if i find one.The lower seat for the Marathon won't fit,you will need a TXT seat and grab-rails.At the rear i welded a piece of channel(due to bumper/hitch assy.,but 2" x 1/8" angle will be fine.)For the Bag-Well to rest on.This will support the rear of the body.There are 2 holes in the Bag-Well.Use them as mounts with a button-head 3/8" bolt so that they are smooth and don't snag anything you put in there.Over the rear tires are some flat plates that give support to the fenders,Just modify them so they rest against the underside of the rear-fenders.Make sure anything touching the Plastic has smooth/rounded edges or it will cut thru over time.The gas tank was a real tight fit so i switched to a plastic rear-mount tank from an early 3-wheel marathon.The filler panel behind the seat serves as an access panel.just install the screws under the seat and leave the rear screws out or come up with a way to secure it.Hope this gives you a game-plan.Its not a bad job to do.I'll look for the pics.Good-Luck.

Last edited by pachanga90; 09-22-2010 at 05:29 PM.. Reason: forgot details
Old 12-14-2010, 07:21 PM   #17
RVtech
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Presidential Solution!
RVtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:58 PM   #18
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I wanted to update this post.The TXT dash fits.You have to remove the entire metal tray from the marathon dash.I picked up a new unit and it fit great.I also scored a seat($25/both pieces).I have to recover them(mis-matched,but great cond.), but the back will look much better than the covered and padded board i have now.The seat is much better due to the foam i used was quite a bit taller and it felt odd sitting on it.I will post new pics and try to scan some build-pics soon.And "Presidential-Solution" Is not how i operate!Far from it.I personally hate buying when i can build,I have less than $1000 in my cart as it sits,I started with a pile of junk,scoured swap-meets for tires,bought the body on C-List,and built almost everything else,including the front-axle,rear suspension,bumper/hitch assy.,dump-box,and seat.The cart has been flawless for 2 years,gets worked and beat to death and keeps on goin,It has proven many times to be the best thing i've built in years.Function is key and it performs beyond what it was designed to do very well
Old 12-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #19
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

I found a few build-pics that were still on my computer,i'll have to scan more in.Hope these give some ideas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SD530764.jpg (109.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg SD530765.jpg (109.4 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg SD530766.jpg (89.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg SD530768.jpg (93.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg SD530769.jpg (79.7 KB, 51 views)
Old 09-05-2012, 12:42 AM   #20
deeroekle
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I saw a post the other day about someone who had modified their frame of a marathan so they could replace it with a newer body. I would love to see the specs for that. When I was on here the other day the downloads were available but I was not registered yet, and today I cannot find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has a marathan body in good condition for sale that would work too. Thank you
deeroekle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO