lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #11
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Default Re: St350 question

Yes, dipstick should read correct.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2018, 08:34 PM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

It's also easy/cheap to get an extra 2+ inches of lift on STs, by flipping the hitch receiver over, sitting it on top the axle and moving the springs to the top with longer bolts down through the bottom brackets also would need some shock extenders.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:39 AM   #13
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

As Stovebolt said, the ST series still had the older style steering and axles for many years after it was dropped from the TXT. I think the main reasons were that the new style steering and axle was a lot more difficult without a total redesign to get the height they wanted but most aftermarket suppliers soon figured out how to do it as did I. Basically you made a hybrid axle from the new and old style and welded the parts together. The other reason that i heard as to why they kept that style was that as a work vehicle and not for golf, it was a much stronger design for off road and hauling heavy loads. If you are struggling to find part numbers, tell me what parts you need and between myself and stovebolt, we should be able to help.

As you can see in my avatar, if you want more height, it is not difficult to diy. Those are 25 inch tyres lol.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #14
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just to update...

I got a bottle of the engine flush stuff. Vacuumed out about 6 oz of oil and added 6oz of oil flush stuff. Drove around the yard for 10 minutes and drained the oil. I've never used this stuff before... but figured it was worth it just for experimentation if nothing else. Best case, the stuff works. Worst case, I still have to tear down the motor and rebuild so not really out anything.

I don't know what it looked like before, but this is THE nastiest oil filter I've ever seen! I'm not sure if that engine flush stuff knocked this much crud loose or if the motor was that badly maintained. I'm thinking a combination of both. But clean filter, fresh oil and test drive. The more I drive it, the less it smokes. Actually now it doesnt smoke at all while driving. Only if I'm cruising, let off the gas completely (throttle plate closed) and then go again. It will blow a puff of smoke and go away.

In my experiences that is usually a symptom of valve seals. I'll keep running it and see if it gets any better (I only drove it for about 20min). But interesting results.

If I have to pull the motor for valve seals, I'll do rings anyway while it's out and apart just because.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181109_131640.jpg (93.4 KB, 0 views)
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 07:15 PM   #15
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

First oil change.
Old 11-10-2018, 11:50 PM   #16
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

My 2007 has the 3 bolt as well and the steering is loose.

However its not cheap or all that easy to replace so I’m just dealing with it.

Might be selling soon anyways.
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:39 AM   #17
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yeah, looks like a few hundred bucks for the steering assembly, but not sure if the part I need is available separate or not. Have to look still. I dont mind spending the money to make it right. I got it for pretty cheap, considering it's in pretty good shape and runs/drives good. It just needs TLC to be brought back to how it should be :)

Yesterday I learned the exhaust studs are also stripped out. Not a big deal, just inconvenient. So fixing that will be next before I drive it any more.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:19 AM   #18
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Which part of the steering is worn, there are ways and means to effect repairs without having to buy EZGO parts depending where the issue is.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:41 AM   #19
Mrjonman
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Which part of the steering is worn, there are ways and means to effect repairs without having to buy EZGO parts depending where the issue is.
Mine i believe is the sleeve bearing is just worn and loose. You can see it wiggle some when you turn the wheel a little, before the tires actually turn.

I believe that’s the correct term for the part i’m Thinking of.

Was told I could removed and repack bearing and it might fix it, or obviously put a new rack on, but so far I’ve just left it. Probably 1/2”-1” of play in the steering.
Mrjonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Same here, I've got about 1" of play on the steering wheel before the wheels move. Once the steering wheel gets past the play, the steering is tight. So it's not a big deal, but at speed it can be a little squirrly (though that may be all the craters in my driveway as well...)

Is this part available separately? I've circled where the play is coming from. That much was pretty easy to isolate. Everything else is tight. I haven't messed with it or taken it apart yet, I fixed the studs for the exhaust mount to head but otherwise haven't touched the cart. Honestly i've been slacking... I haven't even removed the junk the previous owner left in the glove compartments lol. worn out chainsaw chain, a broken flashlight, I think I saw a golf ball in there and the orange marker lights that go next to the headlights. Some other stuff as well... rattles and jingles around like crazy. Eventually i'll get to it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181107_162200.jpg (724.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO