lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-30-2018, 05:20 PM   #11
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
I hear that. Once you touch it becomes your baby. Sometimes, even if you're just trying to help out a friend with a quick fix, I know how that goes! Which is generally why I won't work on anyone else's stuff. I do it for fun, at my speed. I call it my "self funding hobby". If I don't have time or feel like working on something, no harm no foul. If it takes me 6 months to get around to something, oh well. Deadlines and expectations = loss of "fun".

If you can buy it, may be a fun project, maybe make a few bucks off it. If not, I definitely wouldnt touch a mess like that on someone else's rig... that's asking for it to become a regular visitor when something else goes wrong lol
Exactly the way I look at it CP241. I bought four golf carts this year . Three had bad engines, one the wires were cut from one end to the other. Took my time and got all them going just like I was going to be using them. Sold all four. I will make him an offer and see how it goes.

I am not going to fix it for him for sure.

I turn down work every week because I don't want to get a call saying something I did was not right. Had enough of those days in years I worked here.

I make enough to keep my shop bills paid. I might sneak a few $$ for myself but that is not why I came back My living was made in this shop for 30 years and I sure don't want to go back to those days. Way too many hours back then . I actually look forward to coming to work now. I can close my doors and go home when I want, well most of the time

I am now in the process of changing nine old 8 foot fluorescent lights to LED's way up high in my ceiling . Got two done and what a difference. Can't wait until I get them all done. I may have to wear sun glasses when I finish :)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #12
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

LED's are definitely the way to go! They're much cheaper than they used to be, and a lot more efficient. I have 9 kids, so I go through a lot of toys. I'll buy them broken, make them work then we play with them. Once the novelty if "new toy" wears off I'll make it pretty, sell. Then lather, rinse, repeat. The "kid tested, mother approved" process is my litmus test of "ready to sell or not". Work pretty well :)

I'm currently dwindling down everythjng at the moment in anticipation of a big move up north, otherwise I'd be much more open and patient on that evil ezgo lol

Some day, I'll be older and retired and be able to just play all day, mostly to stay out of the wifes hair haha. But for now it's my "evening relaxation" time once the kids go to bed. Keeps me busy, I dont particularly enjoy television.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:16 PM   #13
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

You got 9 children ? Wow . How do you find time to do anything ? You need that EZGO back going for them
Old 12-30-2018, 07:19 PM   #14
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Gearhead1956,
Yes, you are right. I would buy it but not sure he will sell it. That way I would have time to find the right engine. I still have a few connections. I know where one is still in box new that a co-worker of mine paid $750 back in when we were working.

It is new from ez-go. He bought it in case his ever blew up in his workhorse plus it was one heck of a deal. This is the complete engine with muffler , ignitor and coil with wire harness so his old ignitor will plug in to this new one .

He has had it over 10 years I know and he will will never use it. I just got to call him and see if he would sell it. I should have bought one myself but at the time I didn't see me ever working on these things again.

Here I am working again at almost age 72 and don't plan on stopping again
There you go, $750 would be a great deal and all new.

I retired for 5 years. 1.5 years ago I put one of my trucks back on the road and went to work myself. My father drove for me till he was 77, he wouldn't have stopped then but he couldn't get a DOT medical certificate because of his eye sight.
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:21 PM   #15
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
You got 9 children ? Wow . How do you find time to do anything ? You need that EZGO back going for them

I was thinking the same thing.

Having my two grand son's (3 and 5) for an hour I need a 2 hour nap!
Old 12-30-2018, 07:26 PM   #16
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Dang, where are you finding these blown up gas carts?

I have been looking for a 4 stroke pre mci txt for a year. The very few I have found around here the people think they are made of Gold even needing a engine.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:31 PM   #17
EzgoTXT2002
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Gearhead1956,

Seen a few reasonably priced ( $2K and up) on
craigslist/ FB Marketplace, but you know how those things go.
EzgoTXT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #18
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzgoTXT2002 View Post
Gearhead1956,

Seen a few reasonably priced ( $2K and up) on
craigslist/ FB Marketplace, but you know how those things go.
Thanks

But I am looking for much cheaper! So I have room to make every thing new as I want it.
My last cart I did I paid $250 for (junk) I spent $2000 in parts but made a better then new cart the way I wanted. still came out ok, could probably get $3500 for it. But after it was done my son decided he liked it, so guess where it is!

but I am going to take a look, haven't looked on FB, mostly CL
Old 12-30-2018, 08:04 PM   #19
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead1956 View Post
Dang, where are you finding these blown up gas carts?

I have been looking for a 4 stroke pre mci txt for a year. The very few I have found around here the people think they are made of Gold even needing a engine.
I found my 1st one in May on facebook Marketplace . Paid $500 for it. 2002 TXT that was in sort of rough shape. Body was good but no seat. I added $670 to it and lots of my free labor
I sold it for $2400. If you counted the hours I had in it then I would have been in the hole but being I am retired that don't count. My son and wife said I let it go too cheap. I thought I was fair. The man is happy. Put a OEM seat on it also with new back. It already had the back seat on it and it just needed some cleaning.

I rebuilt the engine and just about anything else you could think of done to it. It had LED lights on both front and rear but were never wired. I took care of that with a new switch and wires. Again lots of hours doing little things but I wanted things right .

I also bought an electric cart from the same person that day . I let my best friend have it for what I paid for it plus my gas for going after it.

I told the man I bought those from if he had any more to call me and not list them. He did and I bought two more in July. Both were workhorses. Both had bad engines but I got them going also. I kept ebay going this summer buying parts.

I got a spare 9hp in my shop. Actually I have two but one needs a head. The other one just needs rebuilding. I will get on those when it gets warmer. For now I hold up most days in my office by my heater. In Feb I will get back at it as the weather warms.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:07 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Yep, never a dull moment! Youngest will be 1 in Feb, oldest will be 21 in a couple weeks. And all spread out in between. We're way out in the country and aim to keep it that way. But my hobby/obsession keeps a good rotation of new/old and broken stuff to look forward to haha. Got the gator up and running over the weekend, drove it around some. Then replaced the rear tires because they wouldn't hold air for more than about 20 minutes, and cant get the beads to set to air them up. Even the ratchet strap trick won't work so learned, it's not worth the hassle to fight them. I'll take them up to the local tire shop in the morning and tip the kid $20 to blow them with a cheetah. Then have a lift kit and some other things to install on my carryall. That's the one that will be going with us :) After the carryall ia done, I'll get back to the ez-go. It needs a battery now anyway becauae I stole it for the gator ha
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO