lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2019, 01:03 PM   #11
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Comet Duster clutch help...

i think removing pucks would make the engine wind up before engagement.
mikeasis is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2019, 01:43 PM   #12
chrisr32
Gone Wild

Between the pdf and jpg may help on which pucks you have and how many are used along with the spring used will let you know your engagement RPM of the 94c.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg comet94c_spring_chart_255.jpg (89.6 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf comet 102C and 94C(1).pdf (1.22 MB, 0 views)
chrisr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #13
Denglishdoc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have a white spring but it appears I have the same pucks as the ones treeguy27 posted. This is why I was interested in the setup he tried. Only markings on the pucks are 7/8. I have 3 plastic ones and 6 weighted ones. Looking at the PDF I figured the following

17.31718" Hole #215127a (3 plastic pucks)
53.5/7/8" Steel Insert #211482a (6 weighted pucks)
Chart doesn’t have number for 211482a but the smooth cover number for same weight is 206514a

Based on the chart if I use 6 weighted pucks it should engage at 2800. Add the 3 plastic pucks and I would expect it engage just below 2800 since the plastic pucks done weight much, somewhere between 2800-2350.

Since the OP may be long gone probably have no way of know what he did with his set. I have been looking over every clutch thread and could be connecting the wrong dots. Best to play it safe and try stock setup again after cleaning.
Denglishdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 06:11 PM   #14
ezgoin1980
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I also had a CometDuster clutch come apart it was an interesting experience. I didn't have it up in the air with the seat off like the other guy did. My clutch let loose when I was driving the cart.

Being you have gone to the trouble of removing the clutch I would suggest rebuilding it at least. For the cost of it you might as well. That or completely replace it. I Just did my clutch and a new one was under $200 it is worth it to me to have the piece of mind that it is new.
ezgoin1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:55 PM   #15
Denglishdoc
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

ended up just cleaning it up really well and leaving it stock. after the heavy cleaning it turns out i had the pink spring. using the chart i think it would start just under 1800. forward and reverse are smooth. shifts properly when going up hills.
Denglishdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 09:05 AM   #16
NYOZ
Getting Wild

Can someone explain in what position the pucks get placed back in.? Had some come out and was wondering in which way they were slid back in. there is a tab on each one so looking for the orientation. To explain further: Doe the tab go on the top outside edge, bottom edge. How do I put them back in the clutch? Thanks folks..
NYOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 08:13 PM   #17
chrisr32
Gone Wild

Here you go.

http://www.geminikarts.co.uk/wp-cont...-Guide-94C.pdf
Old 07-26-2019, 01:00 PM   #18
NYOZ
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr32 View Post
You da Man!! Thanks!!
NYOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 03:20 PM   #19
chrisr32
Gone Wild

I had a brand new 94c unit that stuck open during the initial jack stand testing and I followed the Comet guide for maintenance on where to lube/clean and all has been good after that. Mine had some very minor surface rust from I guess from sitting on the shelf so long waiting for someone like me to buy it and service it :-).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO