lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2019, 03:07 PM   #1
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

Default Re-gearing gas ezgo axle

Any tips or tricks? We use the workhorse in the yard a bit but lately have been on road driving a good deal more. And with the 625cc and 25s is still runs 30 with 13.32:1 gears. Just ordered 8:1 set for it so I can run 35-40.

Cant find video of a gas re-gear only the electric ones. Though I did get the axle info sheet on here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
TheGuyRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-02-2019, 11:04 PM   #2
tcophillips
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Re-gearing gas ezgo axle

Find out anything on the rear axle parts?

I have a stock 2000 txt rear end that I want to get more speed out of and need to order the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tcophillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
mersh75
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is a manual for the Fuji rear diff.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fuji Differential.pdf (6.34 MB, 0 views)
mersh75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #4
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersh75 View Post
Here is a manual for the Fuji rear diff.
Thanks! I found it once here a long while back then lost it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 07-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #5
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcophillips View Post
Find out anything on the rear axle parts?

I have a stock 2000 txt rear end that I want to get more speed out of and need to order the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got a set of 8:1 gears from a seller on Ebay for $340 shipped. Trying to find a complete gasket, seal and bearing kit before I tear it down. May as well do it all at once .

Old 07-04-2019, 10:51 AM   #6
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I don't think it's very complicated. If you can turn wrenches and have basic automotive knowledge you should be able to make it happen. I've torn an ME29 apart before, it looks very similar to some automotive pinion gears and diffs. The good thing with these transaxles is you don't have to set the pinion depth and set backlash etc. It's pretty much bolt in. I've searched the net and couldn't find any videos either. Maybe you need to make the first! You'd get a lot of views!!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:24 AM   #7
mersh75
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I is very simple as long as you follow the instructions in the manual. I did the same as you with getting all the seals and bearings before I started. It only took a few hours to disassemble, clean and reassemble.
Old 07-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #8
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

Quote:
I is very simple as long as you follow the instructions in the manual. I did the same as you with getting all the seals and bearings before I started. It only took a few hours to disassemble, clean and reassemble.
Where did you get your seals and bearings?

Old 07-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #9
mersh75
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought all the seals, gasket and bearings from local EZGO shop. I paid to much for them but I wanted to make sure I had the right ones. If I did it all over again I would order the seals and then disassemble the diff and write down all the bearing #'s from the bearings. Then check the local auto parts shops to see if they have them in stock. I know the axle bearings are available on Amazon as a set of two with new clips.
Old 09-14-2019, 06:28 AM   #10
TheGuyRock
Getting Wild

Quote:
I bought all the seals, gasket and bearings from local EZGO shop. I paid to much for them but I wanted to make sure I had the right ones. If I did it all over again I would order the seals and then disassemble the diff and write down all the bearing #'s from the bearings. Then check the local auto parts shops to see if they have them in stock. I know the axle bearings are available on Amazon as a set of two with new clips.
So my local cart place gave me all the wrong ones......again. I went ahead and pulled it apart and it was super easy.

I ended up just leaving the axle side assembly intact and pulling it as a unit from the diff. Then separate the halves.

Gears went on smooth, and the one seal I needed I just took to o'Reilly auto and they matched to a national seal. The case seal I used Black RTV to reseal.

38mph now and no leaks! Cruises at 25 right in the midrange of the 625s power so I can scoot to 35 quick. Lots more useful for us where we live now. And it still pulls my 6x12 trailer with yard waste well too.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO