lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2019, 04:50 PM   #1
tekkski
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1986 EzGo Robin EC25-2pg 244cc - Where to find Jets

I picked up an EzGo with the 2pg Robin that would only run when messing with the choke. I have cleaned out the fuel system and carb and now she runs OK. I am only getting to about 16 mph tops and it takes a bit to get there. (checking compression tonight) Stomping on the gas or giving it just a little bit of gas does not seem to make a huge bit of difference once you are moving.

I downloaded the manual and apparently I need to be running 128:1 mix. I am currently about 40:1. Easy fix. I'll dilute it out tonight.

Second the main jet that is in the screw in the bowl is an "82" as best as I can tell. The other numbers look like an "R" "E? or L?" "J"? I am at 1,000 altitude and the weather in the summer is 100-110 and 60-80 or so in the winter. I want to jet it for the summer right now and it looks like I need and 85. My question is where can I get replacement jets? I'm new to these engines. Or is that 82 fine for such hot weather?

(I can't post links yet so please replace the DOT with a period)

Carb turning chart for easy reference
imgurDOTcom/a/T2R6Mvk

Picture of my jet:
imgurDOTcom/a/AQa5XDR

Thank you for any help in advance.

Last edited by tekkski; 07-22-2019 at 05:02 PM.. Reason: added chart for easy reference
tekkski is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1986 EzGo Robin EC25-2pg 244cc - Where to find Jets

Post pictures directly to this site by clicking on the go advanced box. Then click the paperclip. You can upload 5 pictures at a time.

What does the bottom of the bowl look like? If it's caved in any, the cross drilled holes will be blocked.

!6mph is almost tops. 18mph is about the best you will get with stock size tires.

You will also want to measure how wide your drive belt is. 1 3/16" is new. Anything less than an inch is junk.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #3
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

You should be fine with that jet, I've got an 80 or 85 in mine (don't remember) and I run it from anywhere between 1000ft to 6000ft as I go South for the winter..

Is the Governor still hooked up? My throttle response is very good at all levels with a top speed of 22mph, But that's without stock size tires
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
tekkski
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I don't see a governor. It has a cable direct to the arm on the carb.

I checked the compression and it is at a touch over 120 psi.

My throttle response is very poor. Especially on takeoff. I have tried turning the adjust mest screw all the way in and 1 turn out. Not much of a difference. Two turns out, not much either. Tried with the airbox off and still nothing.

I will be removing the oiling connector. I think it is plugged but I will make sure.

Carb is completely clean now and I just mixed up some 128:1 gas. Still not much of a difference.

The plug looked good but I have a new one coming. Any thoughts?

Another quick question: Under my fuel pump there is a spacer that is in poor shape. I believe it is doing its job but what is its function? It seems like it would work well without it. The o-ring on the pump is in good shape and could easily mate to the crank case.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #5
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekkski View Post
I don't see a governor. It has a cable direct to the arm on the carb.

I checked the compression and it is at a touch over 120 psi.

My throttle response is very poor. Especially on takeoff. I have tried turning the adjust mest screw all the way in and 1 turn out. Not much of a difference. Two turns out, not much either. Tried with the airbox off and still nothing.

I will be removing the oiling connector. I think it is plugged but I will make sure.

Carb is completely clean now and I just mixed up some 128:1 gas. Still not much of a difference.

The plug looked good but I have a new one coming. Any thoughts?

Another quick question: Under my fuel pump there is a spacer that is in poor shape. I believe it is doing its job but what is its function? It seems like it would work well without it. The o-ring on the pump is in good shape and could easily mate to the crank case.

If you're removing the oil injection then plug the hole in the intake manifold with a 6mm bolt and seal it up.....

The spacer under the fuel pump broke apart on mine too and they're unavailable, So I had no choice but to bolt the pump down to the case. That was like 5 years ago and haven't had an issue
Old 07-25-2019, 11:59 AM   #6
tekkski
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabble Inn View Post
The spacer under the fuel pump broke apart on mine too and they're unavailable, So I had no choice but to bolt the pump down to the case. That was like 5 years ago and haven't had an issue
That is great to hear! Thank you I was really worried. Although if there is interest I have a small CNC and can probably mill a bunch out. I can most likely CNC out a gasket too. Any idea what function they serve?

I think I am having a fuel delivery problem. Found a new pump for $20. Going to try that first.

Last edited by tekkski; 07-25-2019 at 12:01 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote... twice
Old 07-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #7
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Having access to a cnc milling machine would be great, You might be able to sell some IF you can come up with the proper material......

I'm thinking it's an insulator, and the gaskets are still available.

For me; the next time I have to replace the pump I might go with either a remote or electric and plug the hole. It is threaded so it'd be easy enough

Tags
2pg, jets, robin
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO