lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
Joaquin12345
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 TXT Robin 35c, No Spark, Stumped

I have a 1999 EZGO I purchased from a lady that had no idea what was wrong with it. All she said is her kids were driving it one day and it quit on them then they killed the battery trying to start it. I bought it took it home charged the battery and no go. Fuel pump is good, replaced ignition coil, igniter, voltage regulator, pulsar, new spark plugs. Cleaned all grounds, checked continuity between wires and no broken wires. Compression is 110. I know thats not great but I should still be able to start it and at the least get a spark. I dont even get a tiny one. The thing about this cart is whoever messed with it before me did all their own wiring so Ive had a heck of a time following the diagram i Uploaded and everything seems to be where it needs to be. The only thing is they bypassed the reverse switch and this is where Im at right now.

When i depress the pedal no spark as its spinning but the minute I let go of the pedal it sparks. I can replicate this every single time I do it. Its also sparked right at the moment when I depress that it makes a tiny sputter every once in a while but never anything worth being happy about.

What Im wondering about the wiring diagram is does the MS4 switch actually ground out the MS3 switch. I did notice that the screws on the MS4 seem to be different then the ones on the Pedal switch or MS3. I almost feel that Im getting a slight spark when the metal part of the pedal touches the MS3 switch.

Another question I have about the wiring diagram is between the key switch and the MS3(pedal switch) it has double arrows pointing at each other and then between that is the BLK from voltage regulator to the ground. is this just a coincidence or are they all three suppose to be connected? This doesnt make sense since the two GRN would be carrying current. Are the arrows just pointing at each other to say there is suppose to be a connection there from original wiring diagram?

I sure do want to get this thing running soon. Im just really stumped. Ived checked out all my new parts and they all check out then also Ive attached randomly the only stuff just in case my new items are no good. I took it to a local golf cart place here in town and they just wasted my time. Had it for 4 weeks and basically did exactly what I had done and never got it going said they didnt know. Tried to charge me $600 because they had put new parts on it but that was a lie. All the new parts were from me. The only new thing they placed was a voltage regulator. We ended up agreeing on $300 but I was so disappointed. Never spent $300 at any shop and my item was left exactly the same.

If anyone has this same cart 99 TXT with the robin eh35c and you could make me a little video of how your wiring is I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo.jpg (7.5 KB, 0 views)
Joaquin12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-16-2019, 07:17 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1999 TXT Robin 35c, No Spark, Stumped

MS4 is for the reverse buzzer. If the starter cranks, that circuit path is working. Pedal switch (MS3) and ignition key switch provide the 12V + to the control side of the solenoid. That shared ground (solenoid, voltage regulator, reverse beeper and ignitor) is a common issue. I know you said you've checked that, but make sure the ignitor ground is solid. You're probably already aware that the pulsar should put out a tiny (like 1/2 volt) AC signal. You might try reversing the red & white wires at the coil, if you haven't already tried that. Might sound silly, but I've seen stuff like that be the problem.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
RaiderRandal
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1999 TXT Robin 35c, No Spark, Stumped

Meimk,
Check the wiring from the coil and pulsar coil to the main harness. There should be 4. Red, white, black and red with white stripe. Knowing that your cart was rewired they might not be the same. My cart was having a singular spark and it turned out to be loose connection on the white wire and a bad ground.
Good luck.
RaiderRandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO