lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-28-2019, 01:38 PM   #11
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 txt Robbins won't turn many RPMs

Ok, I can rule out the clutches. Drive clutch closes with the belt off. One time the motor turned up. The next time same thing. Motor runs fairly smooth when it's half throttle, but gas is kinda spitting out the carburetor like it's getting to much gas. The carb is new, but I didn't put it on. Anyone know where I should look next.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2019, 02:55 PM   #12
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgray70 View Post
Ok, I can rule out the clutches. Drive clutch closes with the belt off. One time the motor turned up. The next time same thing. Motor runs fairly smooth when it's half throttle, but gas is kinda spitting out the carburetor like it's getting to much gas. The carb is new, but I didn't put it on. Anyone know where I should look next.

Lot of talk about them cheap carburetors around here if that's what it is, general consensus from what I read is go oem or rebuild the original.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:08 PM   #13
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Latest findings with this cart. I tried a different carburetor that I had on the shelf just to rule out the new carb. Same results. Checked compression and only get around 55 on both cylinders. I adjusted the valves to specs I found on the forum .004 ( they were pretty close to that any way). Thinking maybe it had been flooded sometime, and washed out the rings, I put a little oil on top of the piston, turned several times by hand. The cart revved up like normal on first try until the oil burned off. Then back to half RPMs. It will mostly run normal on the first try when it's cold also, but after the first time it's back to half RPMs. Any one have suggestions? Rings?

mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:51 PM   #14
dale817
Not Yet Wild

I can only tell you my experience with my cart, its a 94 txt w/ 295. My compression was down to about 65 psi or so. Over the winter I pulled the engine and upon teardown I found that none of my valves were sealing and the compression rings on both pistons were broken. Seats looked good so I purchased new valves and lapped them in also honed cylinders and replaced rings. Probably spent
$200 or so altogether. Runs like it should now.
Remember when checking compression to hold throttle wide open or you won't get an accurate reading. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
dale817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO