lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #1
AJoiner
Not Yet Wild

Default adding a 12volt plug to EZGO sport 2 + 2 gas cart

I bought a 2008 EZGO sport 2 + 2 cart and I want to add a 12v plug. Got the plug wired and installed and have the wires running out the front of the cart where the light wires are. I want to tie it in to the ignition wires so the plug only works when the key is on.(don't want the lights to have to be on.) It has the normal 3 position ignition switch.

How do I find the positive wire to tie the 12v plug in to so that the plug only works when the key is in the on position.

Thanks
AJoiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2020, 07:45 PM   #2
BigRed77
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: adding a 12volt plug to EZGO sport 2 + 2 gas cart

I think this wont work because the key is only hot if the pedal is pressed, sort of opposite of a car
You pretty much have to wire it directly to the battery, but you can put a switch in line
BigRed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed77 View Post
I think this wont work because the key is only hot if the pedal is pressed, sort of opposite of a car
You pretty much have to wire it directly to the battery, but you can put a switch in line
What he said.

The only ignition wire runs through the pedal switch and through the key switch, to the solenoid. You dont want to run anything that pulls that kind of current through that setup anyway, you'll burn up microswitches. That circuit is only.designed to trip the solenoid...

The only.way to wire something like that. You would have to rewire the cart to have battery go directly.to key switch, then to the pedal.switch, then run pedal.switch to solenoid (reversing the circuit). Then you could have it powered off the key. Otherwise. In stock form the key switch only has power when the pedal is down...

Even if you reverse the circuit so.key is first in line you would still want to use a relay feeding a wire directly from the battery (fused of course) and use the key switch to trip the relay, powering the socket.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 08:49 PM   #4
AJoiner
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys! Glad I asked. I will just run a couple wires from the battery and put a switch on it.
AJoiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO