lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #1
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Default Need some advice and info on a G11

Well, I guess you can say that I have been bitten by the golf cart bug. I am only 11 days short of owning my first cart ('87 G2) for 3 months and I already want another cart. In almost 3 months time I have lifted it, added wheels and tires, new shocks up front. Installed a Plowman's performance kit, and tackled all kinds of routine maintenance that had been neglected for years. I mainly use my cart for cruising the bayous here in my suburb of Houston (I figured out how to navigate ~ 5 miles of bayous in order to reach the Brazos river). My cart stays pretty covered in mud all of the time, it doesn't have a top or windshield and I like it like that for the way I like to use it.

I have wanted to add a top and a rear seat for hauling friends around plus the top and windshield would be nice when it rains. My cart presently would not fit in my garage with a top on it due to the height after lifting it. So, I thought having another Yamaha cart that I could make more of a street machine would be nice to have.

I have been scouring Craigslist for another good deal on an older Yamaha cart that I could work on. Well yesterday I came across the one in the photos with the only description being "runs good great for getting equipment to job site". They are asking $1500 for it. I replied to the ad with my phone number and asked for the seller to call me. They did call and I spoke to the owner, he has had it for a little over 4 years and said that it runs and drives great and that the only thing he has done to it is replace the battery and change the oil occasionally. Other than that it has worked perfect for him. He has used it to pull utility trailers which it does well and to haul tools and equipment in the bed.

I am planning to go take a look at it on Saturday to see what kind of condition it is in. I was thinking that I might offer the owner $1000 for it or if it was in really good condition maybe $1200.

From what I can tell from the crappy pictures it appears to be a G11? Anybody else able to confirm that or suggest a different model that you think it is?

What engine(s) came in the G11? I am curious if my Plowman's performance kit items would work on a G11? If so, then I could use my performance parts from my J38 engine and look into doing a big block conversion on the G2..... Just spitballing.

What else should I look at besides the obvious mechanical condition of the cart? What do you all think it would be worth?

Any advice would be great in helping me decide if this could be my second cart. I'd probably figure out a way to mount the utility bed from it on my G2 and then make the utility cart into my 4 seater street cruising cart.

Let me know if I should pass and keep looking for another cart etc.

Thanks for the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (68.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (46.8 KB, 0 views)
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-16-2020, 09:08 AM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Need some advice and info on a G11

Depends on the year what engine style it would have, but most likely a J38/Jn5 engine (like yours) from the pictures.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha