lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2020, 09:24 PM   #1
Troy9567
Not Yet Wild

Default Looking for an electrical schematic for Gas EZGO

I have a 2006 Ezgo TXT that I put in a Honda GX motor in it and haven’t found a good electrical schematic that would work for the ignition coil and kill wire. Any help would be great. Thanks
Troy9567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2020, 09:33 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Looking for an electrical schematic for Gas EZGO

That's because the ezgo didnt have a kill wire like club car. They have a separate ignitor to power the coil. When you release the gas, the ignitor has no power.

It's totally doable you'll just need to wire a relay into the pedal switch wire, to feed ground to the kill wire.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:38 PM   #3
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Maybe contact Vegas carts and see if they can help ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 09:48 PM   #4
Troy9567
Not Yet Wild

That makes more sense with the kill wire. I did contact Vegas and they said to find an electrical schematic on line and trouble shoot it from there. I haven’t found a good schematic yet. The truth is all of the wiring was removed when I got the cart and now trying to get it running.
Old 01-20-2020, 10:12 PM   #5
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy9567 View Post
That makes more sense with the kill wire. I did contact Vegas and they said to find an electrical schematic on line and trouble shoot it from there. I haven’t found a good schematic yet. The truth is all of the wiring was removed when I got the cart and now trying to get it running.
Sounds like Vegas Carts was trying to pass on this one.
I would have to think about that one overnight. Did you already have the Honda ? just asking because of the cost involved to do this and make everything work correct.
Will this be a key start or pedal start cart now ? How are you going to connect the drive clutch ? Same tapered shaft ? that the EZGO uses ?
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #6
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Is it already installed, running and driving? Is the microswitch still there in the pedal box (pull up the floor mat in front of the pedals, should be a red and green wire coming out in front of the front motor mount fron the microswitch in there)

If the microswitch is there I'll draw a quick schematic for you. Itll cost you a couple bucks for a SPDT relay and some female spade connectors, that's about it. This is also assuming it is pedal start using the stock starter/starter/generator.

If you're using a key switch for key start still can be done. Just different connection points.

Need to know what you're working with. The electrical part is cake
Old 01-21-2020, 10:35 AM   #7
Troy9567
Not Yet Wild

You guys are awesome

I will try to answer the questions.
I put the motor in and pretty much hotwired it together to run over the summer. It never quite started up right or shut off. Towards the end of the summer it wouldn’t turn off without pulling the spark plug (I know really red necking it) LOL. So this winter I want to wire it correctly and start completely over. I would like it to be a pedal start. My buddy had an attachment to put the clutch on, I think it was from Vages Carts. I think the mirco switch is still there (I’m traveling this week, will check this weekend for sure). I do have the stock starter and generator on it and would like to be pedal start. If you could draw up and let me know where to get the SPDT relay would be great.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2020, 12:26 PM   #8
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Just a quick 2 minute sketch off the top of my head. I may have missed something, but should get you close enough to get it going I also routed 12v signal first through the key switch and THEN to the pedal switch. This way if you have a gas gauge, phone charger, or whatever you want and wire it through the key switch (relay recommended for high current things like lights). The way ezgo does it from the factory goes through the pedal switch, then to the key switch. so if you have a gas gauge, it only works when you're driving and have the pedal down. silly if you ask me.

Note the 2 terminals (large lugs) on the S/G I did not specify. This is because the starter will turn either direction and depending on how it is oriented/mounted those may wire up either way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg diagram.jpg (83.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ign kill.jpg (67.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2020, 05:54 PM   #9
Troy9567
Not Yet Wild

What do you use for the Ignition Kill Relay?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #10
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

you're the man CP.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical diagram, ezgo, gas
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO