lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2020, 12:57 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93yamslammer View Post
Thank you CP, Plowmans website is now book marked. I wonder if I should go with his full performance kit. $450 is not to bad of a swing for some more ponies. Better than what I spend on Mustang parts to only gain minimal performance sometimes.
I think you will be pleased. Don uses his own parts on his builds and the carts he sells. He's been doing this a while now. I say go for it.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #12
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Awesome to hear!! I believe I will make that happen here soon. Thank you slonomo for the advice.
93yamslammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROB View Post
I did the full plowman's performance kit on my G2, Jets, Belt, Clutches, Muffler. Depending on the condition of your clutches you may not need those. But man it made a night and day difference in the performance of my cart! Worth every penny.
Yeah but your cart barely sees what most would consider "lightweight blue-hair grandma use".

But really, don knows these carts better than anyone else in the country. You cant go wrong with anything he sells. And hes the guy who will also spend an hour on the phone with you after you get it installed to help walk you through setting it up and getting everything nicely tuned and dialed in to perfection.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:39 AM   #14
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Don Plowman is the man!

Another piece of advice to you is unless you are getting something from Plowman, get OEM parts! So many people here fight ignition or carburetor issues and try to go cheap on the replacement parts which either don't work, or don't work right and its an endless fight.

The full service manual is available here on this site and the owners manual can be downloaded for free from Yamaha. Those are both great for info on how to do routine maintenance, torque specs, and on and on.

Here is a very helpful link to Yamaha's online parts catalogs, just choose 93 G9A, the G9E models are the electrics.
https://shopyamaha.com/parts-catalog...&dealernumber=

Partzilla.com is a great place to find most all of those stock parts.

I learned a valuable lesson recently with using a cheap replacement starter belt, it worked for 6 months and then crapped out on me. If you do your research you will find OEM parts such as belts, gaskets, and those sort of items are far cheaper than the Chinese replacements. Carbs, and Ignitions are a good bit more for OEM, but worth every penny if you need one.

In preparation for Plowman's parts, I'd recommend checking your factory engine mounts and the swing arm alignment cable (down between the airbox and starter). Also, make sure your airbox is completely sealed. Zip ties work pretty good until the new rubber straps come in.

Lots of knowledgable folks on this site, I was a newbie to carts back in October, but from the help of the members here and plenty of reading threads I feel like I could fix just about anything that could go wrong with my G2.

I look forward to following your build, G2/9s are sweet carts!

Edit: The OEM Belts, gaskets, etc. are ***slightly more expensive, but barely***

I checked this weekend on the swing arm alignment cable and that thing is super loose. It is caked in grease, grime and other junk. I have to clean it up and work on that soon. While I was at it, I swapped out the old starter generator belt. The one on there was split in half and was gone. When I pulled the new one out of the package the size difference blew me away. I am surprised that old one made the cart run at all. But a quick swap out and she was running better than before. Pulled the old steering wheel off and put the new one on. Much better look and feel over the giant plastic one.

Took some time to fab up a quick bead roller stand for my Eastwood Bead Roller out of an old engine stand I had. I have been building a Hot Rod Stroller for my daughter and got to mess with it a little this weekend as well. Trying my hand at sheet metal fabrication. Sorry for the sideways pics. Not sure how to fix that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (207.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image2.jpg (202.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (175.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image9.jpg (197.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg image0.jpg (252.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #15
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Thats gonna be a bada$$ stroller! I like the steering wheel, better than mine, very similar and same brand.
J-ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:19 AM   #16
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Thats gonna be a bada$$ stroller! I like the steering wheel, better than mine, very similar and same brand.
Thank you J-Rob, I hope to have the stroller done sometime soon. I wanted to go all out on it, but designing something like this from scratch has had its up and downs. I put a full air ride suspension on it. Using air cylinders in the back and a mini air bag up front. But once I got everything mounted and running the car body was not gonna sit as low as I had hoped for but I have redesigned the frame twice and I am not looking to do it a third.

I like the new steering wheel so far. Much more relaxing to spin versus the large plastic one that was on there. I am hoping here in the near future to get the lift kit and wheels on it. I am thinking about keeping it simple and use your look as inspiration. The more I look at it, the more I like it.
Old 04-17-2020, 11:24 AM   #17
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Thanks man! That's a very nice compliment!

I am presently searching for a roof for my cart, either an old style CC DS roof, or a G2/9 roof, but they are very rare to come by. Not a matter of cost, more a matter of supply.

Of course I don't think I am going to be leaving my roof stock.... A stock height roof would keep me from fitting in the garage, so when I do find a roof, I will be shortening the legs for it. Kind of a chopped top if you will. My buddy that painted it also has a flat bed laser machine. He can engrave or cut with it. So I can still buy a folding windshield and before I put it together he can cut half of my total roof chop length off of each piece of the windshield so it will still fit.
Old 04-23-2020, 10:26 AM   #18
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Small update. I ordered a few goodies for the G9. They should be rolling in within the week. Shipping is all over the place currently so nothing will be in at the same time. I picked up the All Sport 7 inch dual arm lift kit, 12 inch wheels and 22 inch A/T tires along with some 2 inch wheel spacers. I will tackle the install over the next few weekends as time spares it. If the wife does not have any other home projects for me to do I can probably get it knocked out in a day :)

A huge thank you to J-Rob for helping answer all of my questions and guiding me into this build.
Old 04-23-2020, 11:39 AM   #19
J-ROB
Out to Lunch

Yamaha

Glad to help, I was in your shoes back in October when I got my cart. Just paying forward what the other members of this site did for me.

Cant wait to see some pics once your goodies arrive!
Old 04-27-2020, 06:37 AM   #20
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Wheels came in this weekend. Just doing some test fitting. Still awaiting the lift kit and wheel spacers. I think they will look aggressive on here and give the cart a sinister look.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha