lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2020, 06:03 AM   #1
Chris11jj
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 & G23A hubs sizes?

Hi All,
Hoping someone might be able to offer a solution. I've just had two new rear hubs for a G22 sent from USA to me in UK, in the picture they were exactly right, however now they're here and I tried to fit them the central spline won't fit, the hub hole is way too small on the hubs

I'm almost finished converting a G23A utility vehicle to an extended G22A golf cart, I'm wondering if the utility cart was given more heavy duty half shafts? If this is the case, then what's the part number for the G23A Hubs ? and where can I get them
Also does anyone want to buy some new G22 hubs cheaper than retail?(probably in the UK)#
Chris11jj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 & G23A hubs sizes?

They are indeed bigger, stronger axles.

JR3-G6514-00-00 HUB, REAR AXLE
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 07:40 AM   #3
Chris11jj
Not Yet Wild

Many thanks,now I just need to know either where I can get the right hub at a price that doesn't include paying import duty (which has at times been as much as the part costs!) OR, another solution I've being thinking about; IF the inside fitting of the half shaft is the same size,regardless of the outside diameter, I may have a UK source of some used half shafts at standard size G22, I could then use the hubs I have new, but I don't know if inside fitting in universal ?
Old 06-21-2020, 07:48 AM   #4
Chris11jj
Not Yet Wild

Hey CG Tech, I'm very grateful for your help, I have one final puzzle to solve.
Looking back at the wiring photo's I sent, I believe the Black & green wires coming to a socket behind the dash, are for the Oil pressure indicator, if I test across the two I get power in and out at 12v. Looking at the woring diagram, it looks as though one goes straight to the lamp,. and the green has to go through the ignition main switch somehow? If I connected both sides to the lamp it would constantly be on. So, Given that I BLEIEVE that Red/ Yellow is Power IN from battery and Red/ White is power OUT to start engine, then I need to connect the green wire to the Red White? Is that correct please, if not please can you advise correct connections
Old 06-21-2020, 12:07 PM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

I mentioned I thought it was oil light. Heres the thing, it doesnt have an oil pressure lamp (or oil pressure). Its an Oil Level lamp, and that circuit is always active. If your lamp is lit when the oil level is good, the sensor is faulty. (Can be verified by unplugging it at the motor, just rearward of the primary clutch, blue wire).
Old 06-21-2020, 01:52 PM   #6
Chris11jj
Not Yet Wild

Ahh, thank You I thought it was for pressure, Wonder why it needed powerr without going through the main switch ? Late here now, I'try that during the week, I know it can't be low oil as we've just changed the oil on engine and axle, do you happen to know the part number for the sensor please
Old 06-21-2020, 02:31 PM   #7
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

The engine must be disassembled to replace the sensor if faulty. I'd just live with it...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:12 PM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris11jj View Post
Ahh, thank You I thought it was for pressure, Wonder why it needed powerr without going through the main switch ? Late here now, I'try that during the week, I know it can't be low oil as we've just changed the oil on engine and axle, do you happen to know the part number for the sensor please
So, is the lamp always on? Did you test the sensor as I noted?
Old 06-22-2020, 03:37 AM   #9
Chris11jj
Not Yet Wild

Its early Monday here. I#m back at work now so not able to work on cart as much as I'd like now :) .
I think your last advice is good, I'll leave disconnected and simply check the dipstick every now and then, a lot less bother,
Thank you, you've been a great help
Thinking on, as there's power coming through those wires I could use them as an auxiliary power supply source and just put an in-line fuse through it maybe?
Old 06-22-2020, 05:07 AM   #10
cgtech

Yamaha

The B- goes all the way back through a sensor & through your engine. Not the best source of B-.

Tags
g23a/g22 conversion help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha