lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-30-2020, 01:32 PM   #1
krit76
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 2019 EZ-GO gas - Had a fire

Ok... looking for some advice. My brand stinking new ezgo S-4 express is down.
Someone decided to fill it up with gas and while doing so allowed a towel to fall into the engine compartment. They proceeded to drive it around until the towe caught fire. So there is the cause...
Here are the symptoms-

1.Motor will start when pressing the pedal, but the belt does not engage, as if it is not shifting? Shift cable moves when changing from forward or reverse. But the belt just does not tighten up

2. Brake lights stay on now even when keyed off. I assume a wire harness has melted.

It has been at the local ezgo dealer for almost two weeks now. Would like to get her rolling again for the holiday weekend. Anybody have any suggestions?
I will include a couple pictures, but they really do not show much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3BC58B40-35BE-4FFE-9DEB-E426B70254A4.jpg (241.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4E6B4371-A18A-4F69-BD55-B08F6861C3C6.jpg (235.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CD727993-D210-4A53-9DE7-4529764FF341.jpg (187.4 KB, 0 views)
krit76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #2
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2019 EZ-GO gas - Had a fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by krit76 View Post
Ok... looking for some advice. My brand stinking new ezgo S-4 express is down.
Someone decided to fill it up with gas and while doing so allowed a towel to fall into the engine compartment. They proceeded to drive it around until the towe caught fire. So there is the cause...
Here are the symptoms-

1.Motor will start when pressing the pedal, but the belt does not engage, as if it is not shifting? Shift cable moves when changing from forward or reverse. But the belt just does not tighten up

2. Brake lights stay on now even when keyed off. I assume a wire harness has melted.

It has been at the local ezgo dealer for almost two weeks now. Would like to get her rolling again for the holiday weekend. Anybody have any suggestions?
I will include a couple pictures, but they really do not show much.
My 09 caught fire last year. I was pulling a self powered rough cut mower and some debris caught up on top of the motor and somehow it started it on fire. I was lucky as I was hosing down the mower and quickly put it out and the cart did run after that, but I took in in to Welsh's in Perrysburg and they put on a new shroud cover and repaired some wiring. All good again.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO