lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2020, 01:55 PM   #1
2-Hive
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 ezgo gas belt question

I have a 2016 ezgo gas with a 6 inch lift kit and 14 inch tires 13 hp kaw i have a very steep hill to climb and the belt slips and the engin bogs down i would like to put a severe duty belt on it any suggestions thanks
2-Hive is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2020, 09:46 AM   #2
svtnos
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 ezgo gas belt question

Gboost severe duty
svtnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 11:07 AM   #3
2-Hive
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for the reply. I have just joined and am in the learning stages here. I have no idea which belt i would purchase for my Cart,could you be more specific. I have a 2016 gas Ez Go with a 13hp kawasaki. When i bought the cart i explained to the salesman that we have a really steep and long hill to climb from the lake up, he stated no problem with this cart making the hill.The first time i went up the hill the cart would not make it up. Took it back to dealer and he said he put a severe duty belt and new rear clutch. It then went up good. 2 months later the belt started smoking and the cart would not make it up the hill with 4 people on it, so i am looking for solutions. I am new to working on cart but am very mechanical and willing to swap out or change anything to resove the issue i just need some guidance thanks wow that seems like long thread
2-Hive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:26 AM   #4
zingerbateman
Gone Wild

Club Car

the severe duty belt is cogged on both sides so just because the dealer said he put on one, just make sure.
zingerbateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 12:21 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Gboost is a good belt but you might end up changing the spring in the driven rear clutch to give you some more climbing power.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO