lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-05-2020, 10:27 PM   #1
Mavdor54
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Accelerator pedal switch issue.

Hello! new member and new EZGO RZV owner.

I have a new to me 2012 RXV. It recently stopped cranking when the accelerator is pressed. I am somewhat handy and got the service manual to tackle this issue. I diagnosed that the switch under the pedal must be the issue. When it was removed from the pedal it still wouldn't provide voltage to the solenoid. It appears to be a normally closed switch so when disconnected from the pedal it should fire. If i "messed" with it , it would sometimes kick in. I ordered a replacement and celebrated that i definitely fixed the issue myself.

The new switch came in and was installed, worked perfectly for about 30 mins. I took it all back apart and did more testing. Now I can see that the problem appears to be in the harness where the switch plugs in. There is an intermittent open in the connector somewhere. just moving the wires on the back of the harness make it start. I've been looking for a new plug but cannot locate that part. I don't know how to search for it. I'm comfortable splicing the 4 wires in if needed. I just need to know what to order.

Anyone able to help OR tell me if im on the wrong track???

Thanks so much,

Jeremy
Mavdor54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO