lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2020, 11:46 AM   #1
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default drivetrain issue, need help RXV 09

Yesterday I was driving and I thought I heard a sound like a spring breaking, and my 09 RXV gas started acting like the clutch was slipping.
Cart has not acted like this before so this is a sudden episode of whatever is going on.
I was able to drive the cart back to the barn and did noticed it seemed harder to push. Today I removed the brake drums and found the driver side almost completely striped out smooth. Passenger side seems find but what I don't understand is I can rev the engine and hold the splines on both side with my hand. Almost like no power to the axles. They do turn a bit when I don't hold them but NOT a direct drive like you would think.
Then I look down at the drive belt and it seems to be working properly. When I start the engine the belt slides up on the motors clutch/pully and down on the rear clutch/pully as I think it should.
I think I need more than a new brake drum.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-11-2020, 04:28 PM   #2
rib33024

Default Re: drivetrain issue, need help RXV 09

I don't think there is any thing wrong with the rear end/gears. If the hub is striped that is your problem. You have a limited slip rear end. You have to hold one axle and the other one will turn
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:49 PM   #3
NoTyme
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: drivetrain issue, need help RXV 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rib33024 View Post
I don't think there is any thing wrong with the rear end the gears. If the hub is striped that is your problem. You have a limited slip rear end. You have to hold one axle and the other one will turn
I just came back in and tried a few things.

1 If I turn the axel spline on one side the other side does turn.

2 I took the drive belt off and tried turning the pully on the axel side (not the one on the engine) and turning the rear did NOT turn the axel & hub. The clutch on the engine will NOT turn easily as the one in the rear.

I am concerned as I think the axel splines should have turned with the rear pully being turned by hand. It was quite free to turn.

I placed an order for a new hub as for sure one is history and I will replace the belt. I am looking for info on a slightly shorter belt as I have read it may improve performance a bit. I measured the belt width and it is 15/16" and tapered towards the inside most likely due to wear.
NoTyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO