lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2020, 05:10 PM   #11
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: What speed @ what rpm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
That belt looks good, but the aftermarket spring may me too stiff for the clutch to fully shift.

Maybe so. I bought it this way. I will see if the po has original spring
Jammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #12
Dogleg
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

On my driven clutch the plastic button is in contact with the slide when at rest. I don’t know much about this but it looks different than mine.
Dogleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2020, 12:59 AM   #13
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogleg View Post
On my driven clutch the plastic button is in contact with the slide when at rest. I don’t know much about this but it looks different than mine.
First and foremost Dogleg, WELCOME to BGW. I do hope you are learning as much as I am.

As for the plastic buttons contacting the opposite side, I have no experience with these either but it seems to be the only place they can connect. I have not seen them contact the few times I've been able to look at the clutches while running the cart.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:28 AM   #14
Jammy
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Tonight , while chatting with Slonomo about clutches, I started the cart in neutral and ran up the RPMs up to WOT for a few seconds and for the first time I noted the belt going all the way to the top of the primary clutch. It also sounded pretty smooth compared to some prior attempts to get the clutch to fully close. The only thing I've done is changed the governor spring tension and to add a pmp of Moly D grease to the primary and secondary clutches. Maybe they were extremely dry from sitting a couple years. I recorded a video and posted it on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJAMoKmnTH8

UPDATE: Please excuse the terrible video recording, it was originally just to be used as a sound recording without video and when I noted the belt going to the top of the primary clutch, I saved the video to share. At the end I was trying to see what RPM the motor was turning but couldn't read my tiny tach due to poor lighting. I'm guessing it was close to 3900 RPM.

Last edited by Jammy; 11-30-2020 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: Video notes...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha