lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-16-2021, 09:45 AM   #11
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '87 engine removal

Now that the engine is out, what are your plans for this little cart? Tell us the story, and history on it.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2021, 12:32 PM   #12
hntz4x4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Now that the engine is out, what are your plans for this little cart? Tell us the story, and history on it.
We picked up this cart to use when camping. A couple of years ago we upgraded to a toy hauler 5th wheel thinking we would get a SXS to play in the sand with our friends. After a couple rides in the SXS's for my wife she decided she really didn't like it. One of our sons has a quad we haul in our toy hauler, but now my buddies can't tease me for not having any "toys" in my toy hauler. The money we would have spent on a SXS went towards our off road 4runner, which we we used to be big into 15-20 years ago. Now 2 of our sons have built Toyotas, so we go wheelin' with them.

Don't know much about the history of the cart, just found it on FB market place. It already had the lift kit and the rear seat, which were pluses for me. If I get it running right then we will add bigger off road tires (probably 22"), paint it and get new seat covers. I've already upgraded the lights with LEDs.
hntz4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 01:38 PM   #13
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

When you put it back together, remember that the side port in the piston faces the intake. The bevel side of the rings go up.

Put a cross hatch on the cylinder walls to help seat the new rings, and check the ring end gap before installing them.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:54 PM   #14
hntz4x4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
When you put it back together, remember that the side port in the piston faces the intake. The bevel side of the rings go up.

Put a cross hatch on the cylinder walls to help seat the new rings, and check the ring end gap before installing them.
Thank you. I had the top ring upside down, once I flipped it over I was able to compress them by hand and get it to slide into the new cylinder.
Old 01-17-2021, 02:56 PM   #15
hntz4x4
Not Yet Wild

Not sure if you can tell by this picture, but is this typical clearance for the belt? Afraid I’m going to damage new belt when trying to install.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1B0C0144-F962-49EC-8D3D-DFF8C344F6AD.jpg (111.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2021, 04:42 PM   #16
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

This picture is looking straight down. There is one inch of clearance between the bottom of the clutch, and the square tubing. I measured by running my flashlight between them. It is one inch in diameter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch clearance.jpg (160.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-17-2021, 08:31 PM   #17
hntz4x4
Not Yet Wild

Well got it back together, runs worse than it did before. Not sure what I did wrong? Done for today, will have to visit this project later.
Old 01-18-2021, 05:35 AM   #18
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Describe what it's doing.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:58 AM   #19
hntz4x4
Not Yet Wild

to start it had low compression, so that's why I did the top end kit. Have to pull the choke in and out every few seconds to keep it running. My buddy thinks I should try a new carb, and maybe fuel pump.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:00 AM   #20
hntz4x4
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
This picture is looking straight down. There is one inch of clearance between the bottom of the clutch, and the square tubing. I measured by running my flashlight between them. It is one inch in diameter.
And to get our belt through that space my son had to press down on the cradle with a crow bar to get enough clearance.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO