lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #1
fueler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Yamaha G14 no start

I have a Yamaha G14 and have a starting problem. I have had the cart 3 months and no problem, went for a 45 min. ride return home plug in the garage door opener that is wired for 12volt into the accessories plug that is wired to the cart (by previous owner) and nothing. Removed it and plugged back into my vehicle and it works. Went back to the cart to move in the garage and no go. Starter generator did not activate but the solenoid clicks. Checked the fuses all is good. May this garage door opener have shorted out something electrical, igniter, solenoid, voltage regulator? I have not been able to find a manual for testing the electrical components, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by fueler; 03-29-2021 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: Title
fueler is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #2
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G14 no start

If your solenoid is clicking then you are getting power through the start circuit...I would bet your solenoid got hot and started welding shut...clicking doesn't always mean working...The easy way to confirm is to simply put cart in neutral and jump the two large post on solenoid with a screwdriver or large wire and see if cart turns over...if so boom solenoid...if still doesn't turn over tap the cap on the starter generator with a hammer and try and start...if it starts after that you need brushes in your starter/generator...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:37 AM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

You might want to check all your grounds. My G 14 often has the solenoid click and no starter due a corroded or loose ground connection.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 03:59 PM   #4
fueler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you for the tip, I will try it out and let you know.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:27 PM   #5
fueler
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Checked the starter generator with the hammer, brushes are bad. Thanks guys for your help😁
Old 03-30-2021, 06:30 AM   #6
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

No prob... Def replace the brushes and don't buy an aftermarket starter/generator they are garbage...stick with the O.E.M...replacing the brushes isn't to bad there are lots of tutorials and videos online just set aside about an hour and make sure you clean it up good while your in there...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha