lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2021, 03:08 PM   #1
Buggiebuster1992
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Gas yamaha g16 will only spit and sputter and not fire up

Hey guys, been lurking here a while since I work on these things daily and tqhis one has me stumped. As I said I have a g16 golf cart that only spits and sputters through the air box.

I've since cleaned the original carburetor twice, replaced the carburetor with a red hawk brand. Replaced filters everywhere and popped in a new spark plug. Confirmed function on the fuel pump, drained old gas and flushed and cleared all fuel system lines including the pulse line.

I've got over 150 compression and spark is good. I have another g16 that runs perfectly and I've mimicked every adjustable cable and govenor system between the two carts. There's no air leaks that I can find anywhere and every gasket and o ring on the outside of the motor has been replaced.

If anyone has any thoughts on where to check next it would be a lifesaver.
Buggiebuster1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2021, 08:01 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Gas yamaha g16 will only spit and sputter and not fire up

Did you check and set valve lash?

If you have another G16 that's running well, swap the carbs and see what happens. I've used aftermarket carbs and most of them don't run, and if they do they run terribly. OE carbs are much much better.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 10:57 PM   #3
Buggiebuster1992
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Hey thanks for the response!

I haven't specifically checked valve lash yet because I assumed it would be good enough with such good compression but I will certainly have a crack at that tomorrow.

As for the carburetor I have heard quite often that OEM is the best option to go with, I'm just not quite ready to go that route yet. But I will definitely try swapping those carbs and then that would definitely pursuade me into buying the OEM for this cart if that works.

I really want to believe it's as simple as that, but sometimes I get a bugger cart that just keeps me guessing and I just have a hunch on this one :/

Thanks again for the ideas. Will update tomorrow!

-BB
Buggiebuster1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 06:19 AM   #4
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

https://plowmanscarts.com/carts.cgi?...1619449574&v=2

Re-manufactured OEM carb. $125
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha