lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-08-2021, 06:25 PM   #11
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Sahara King 23" - Rolled Bead - Tire pressure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Cremeans View Post
I've never seen any like this either, which is part of why I wasn't sure about the PSI. Most tires I've seen are more clear.
That doesn't say "Max Pressure 5 psi"..... It says "Max Load at 5 psi is 320 lbs per tire".

So 4 tires x 320 lbs = 1280 lbs total at 5 psi pressure

If your cart weighs 700 lbs wet, add some gear at 50 lbs, and 3 passengers is 600 lbs, you'd be at 1350 lbs, that could account for the tire coming off the rim.

What they are saying is that these are low pressure tires and they are rated down as low as 5 psi. If you go any lower than 5 psi you will have issues with the tires. Things like coming off the rim, bad handling, punctures, lower capacity will all be issues from running too low of a pressure.

Basically the manufacturer has rated the tire at 5 psi, knowing most atv's, utv's etc use low pressure tires for off road use.

You have to account for error in the gauge too. If you have a gauge that's 80% accurate (typical for lower and mid priced gauges), you could be off 1 psi or close to it. And as the temps drop the psi will go down, etc. Some tires leak a little too. So if you filled up last week at 5 psi, could be 4.5 psi, could leak a little, now you could be at 4 psi. Etc and so forth.

Basically, 5 psi is the minimum. Go up from there to get the tires to act the way you want them. Just don't go too high. I'd say more than 15 psi is too much.
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-08-2021, 06:36 PM   #12
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

edited
slonomo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 12:13 PM   #13
Blake Cremeans
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
That doesn't say "Max Pressure 5 psi"..... It says "Max Load at 5 psi is 320 lbs per tire".

So 4 tires x 320 lbs = 1280 lbs total at 5 psi pressure

If your cart weighs 700 lbs wet, add some gear at 50 lbs, and 3 passengers is 600 lbs, you'd be at 1350 lbs, that could account for the tire coming off the rim.

What they are saying is that these are low pressure tires and they are rated down as low as 5 psi. If you go any lower than 5 psi you will have issues with the tires. Things like coming off the rim, bad handling, punctures, lower capacity will all be issues from running too low of a pressure.

Basically the manufacturer has rated the tire at 5 psi, knowing most atv's, utv's etc use low pressure tires for off road use.

You have to account for error in the gauge too. If you have a gauge that's 80% accurate (typical for lower and mid priced gauges), you could be off 1 psi or close to it. And as the temps drop the psi will go down, etc. Some tires leak a little too. So if you filled up last week at 5 psi, could be 4.5 psi, could leak a little, now you could be at 4 psi. Etc and so forth.

Basically, 5 psi is the minimum. Go up from there to get the tires to act the way you want them. Just don't go too high. I'd say more than 15 psi is too much.
Thanks!
I've never seen a tire that didn't say max psi. It's like "We don't know how much to put in it but definitely never go below 5." 🤣

I am just going to run them at 12 and see how it goes for now.
Blake Cremeans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rolled bead, sahara king, tire pressure
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha