lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-30-2021, 10:47 PM   #1
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Default 2015 FI Drive Clutch Tool

Evening Viewers,

Got a call to a later G29 yesterday, "turns over, won't start....we charged the battery."
Well the starter turns but the belt doesn't move, no engine rotation. Grabbed the clutch and sure enough, it's stuck.... no oil on the dipstick. You know the rest.
Interesting to note the differences between the non-FI engines and the FI.

Anyhow, to the point, do these later G29s run a bespoke primary clutch puller or do one of the earlier ones work? I had a search here and Google but came up blank.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-30-2021, 11:06 PM   #2
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: 2015 FI Drive Clutch Tool

In an unprecedented stroke of luck, I removed the clutch bolt and slid the outer portion off the shaft. Undid the flywheel bolt and wound it out until it was flush. Put two levers behind it and gave the crank a solid whack. No movement at the flywheel but the inner clutch sheave left the engine promptly.
It's clearly a fine thread vs the earlier G29 coarse thread so I'll need a new bolt. If someone could measure the 2 stepped portions of their puller, length and diameter it's be great. I'll take the inner sheave and get a high tensile bolt tomorrow.

Thanks,
Rob
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha