lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-24-2022, 02:11 PM   #1
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Drive Parking Brake issue

I have 2008 Yamaha Drive G29 cart and can't get the Parking Brake to engage. I can push the P part of the pedal, but the latch will not catch. Is it possible this has worn out? I didn't see any way to modify this brake. All the pieces are there. Is there any way to fix this?
graphictees is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2022, 04:29 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Drive Parking Brake issue

There are adjustments for this. You have to gain access under the mat and remove the metal cover to get to the adjustments. The manual for this cart has info on how to adjust the brake but it's pretty obvious when you open it up.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 10:07 PM   #3
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

The manual does not have any information on how to adjust the parking brake. Is there anything else I can do?
Old 03-24-2022, 10:19 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

section 8 page 11 of my owner's manual shows parking brake adjustment. Search for the .pdf online. I'm not sure where I found it. Mine is a 2012 but I think it's the same brake pedal assembly. It's really easy to adjust if you gain access to it by removing the pad and pulling out the metal cover around the pedals on the floor.
Old 03-24-2022, 11:21 PM   #5
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

Yes, that shows how to adjust the brake but not the Parking Brake. The latch is not catching onto the metal piece.
Old 03-25-2022, 05:08 AM   #6
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

I think what volt is trying to say is that The brake operating mechanism may need any slack taking out of it for the park latch to work if it is similar to other brands. If this does not help, then there may be a worn part in the latching mechanism. Cant help any further as I dont know these particular carts.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 05:45 AM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Enclosed some info from the Yamaha Service Manual. You could remove the whole assembly for inspection, it's hold by 6 bolts.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ydre.pdf (134.1 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 06:23 AM   #8
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I don't think its an adjustment. The only adjustment in this area is the release point when hitting the accelerator.

A few things may have happened.

1) The locking pawl may be corroded and not falling on to the latching plate. Easy clean up and lubricate. Part number 33

2) The teeth on the pawl have become worn and do not engage the locking plate or the edge of the plate is worn. Both can be fixed with a grinder or a file. Part numbers 33 and 35.

3) The hook spring may have broken and fell off. Part number 25
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pedal.jpg (37.1 KB, 0 views)
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 08:56 AM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

There are two additional adjustments in there for the latching mechanism. I have done it on my carts. One determines how much it latches and one is part of the release when you push the throttle pedal. That assembly is pretty robust so you should be able to adjust it to work unless something is broken. The issue on mine was that the release was not quick enough so the throttle started to engage before the brake released. I was able to easily adjust that. Make sure that the brake cable is adjusted correctly because that can influence how the parking brake engages. You want the right amount of pedal travel before the brake engages.
Old 03-27-2022, 05:47 PM   #10
graphictees
Not Yet Wild

I think The teeth on the pawl have become worn and do not engage the locking plate also the edge of the plate is worn. I am going to take it apart and grind it to see if I can get it to catch. It was sitting for a while and it is rusty. I'm just not sure where to grind and I don't want to do too much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220327_183439.jpg (171.3 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha