lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-16-2010, 07:13 PM   #11
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Default Re: Clutch Problem/Replacement on G9

Remove all the Philips screws then the big bolt in the center pull on the clutch & it’s in your hands

You won’t need a puller to do it, unless you change the whole thing

I use a propane torch heat up a bit around the hex bolts you don’t want to strip one of those, then you in trouble

You replace on weight kit for 35$ + shipping

Weld the hole in the cover with brass & the trick is done much cheaper than a new clutch

I must have fixed a dozen of them this way never had a comeback

You can go the new clutch way if you have lots of money to spend
Good luck
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #12
ScottHe
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for your help everyone! I think I'll pull the clutch out and take a look at the weight assembly and try to replace them. I would like to keep the feel the same and like the less expensive option..

If i screw it up I can always go the new clutch route too!
ScottHe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #13
sabercat
gone yamaha!

Yamaha

its not too hard i just did it a while ago, just remember to heat the set screws up on the pins so as to not strip them. and when you put them back on use blue loctite. and i think its best not to lube any of the pins/weights just attracts dirt. and 2-3 stots of grease in the fitting when its back on. goodluck!
sabercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #14
ScottHe
Not Yet Wild

Took the cover off today and removed whats left of the broken weight. I noticed the set screws on the outer pin but didn't see any on the inner most pin. Did I miss them or are there not any? If there aren't any whats the recommended way of removing the pin?

Thanks again..
ScottHe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 04:09 PM   #15
cart de golf
Gone Wild

they are there just hiden under the spider you can't change them without pulling the clutch off

you d'ont need a puller just remove the big bold like I explained in earlyer
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:20 PM   #16
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

A comet clutch puller will NOT work. You must use a Yamaha puller to get a stock clutch off. The g9 has 3 flyweights, and if one went bad, the bad news is that you will have to replace all 3. The bushings ride on a shaft, and they wear rather quickly. You will also need a metric allen set to get the keeper screws loose from the small shafts. These allen screws were put in at the factory using red thread lock. No problem, if a few are really tight, apply a LITTLE heat. As far as a replacement clutch, go with the newer clutch for a G16 and up. They totally redesigned the inside and the new clutch has much less costly parts when rebuilding. In the G9 rebuild kit, there will be 6 thick washers and 6 thin plastic washers. When you take a link out, make note of where the thick one goes and where the thin on goes. I am a Certified Yamaha mechanic and if you need any more help, contact me by email at rrgolfcart@nc.rr.com Also hammer the housing back in shape and use JB WELD to seal the hole. Less dirt, means longer life.
bonduranth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM   #17
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottHe View Post
Took the cover off today and removed whats left of the broken weight. I noticed the set screws on the outer pin but didn't see any on the inner most pin. Did I miss them or are there not any? If there aren't any whats the recommended way of removing the pin?

Thanks again..
There are allen screws on both shafts. 12 total.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #18
bonduranth
Gone Wild
Yamaha

There are re-builders, like myself that can install everything and ship it back in as good as new condition.

Tags
clutch, gas, manuals
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha