lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #11
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turns over no spark

Before I forget to ask. Do you have any fuses and if so do they check out?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
BaggageCar
Not Yet Wild

No fire power at the post to the starter. It was doing it intermitently before. Then started clicking and now nothing. That was one of the reasons I thought it was the solenoid.

I have replaced the fuse block with a spade style and new fuses. They are good.

Bryan
BaggageCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #13
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaggageCar View Post
No fire power at the post to the starter. It was doing it intermitently before. Then started clicking and now nothing. That was one of the reasons I thought it was the solenoid.

I have replaced the fuse block with a spade style and new fuses. They are good.

Bryan
Sorry Baggage. but if the wireing is right, you need to check the fuses again, Dont mean to question ya on this but, I've been there done that
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #14
BaggageCar
Not Yet Wild

I can jump the ignition switch and the solenoid will work. But the thing that seems odd to me is that I can jump the blue power lead that powers the ignition switch to either the blue lead back to the solenoid and it will turn the engine without pressing the pedal. It will also do this on the blue lead that ties into the double prong off the back of the ignition (it is the one that also appears to power the hour meter) I then went back 10 minutes later and did the same thing and the solenoid just clicks. I tested the micro switch again and when i depress the pedal it will light up the test light this is driving me nuts. It seems one minute things will work and the next poof its gone again
Am I bipassing the micro switch when I jump the ignition leads? Since it starts turning over immidiately.

I did check the fuses again and even stuck the test light to the leads being fed by the fuse. They have power.

I am now wondering if it is the ignition switch. I have checked all of my connections and wires again to make sure everything is where it was supposed to be. Would there be any difference between my 1110 Hauler and a workhorse wiring. I was told they are the same thing.

Thanks,

Bryan
Old 05-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #15
BaggageCar
Not Yet Wild

I have found a wiring diagram online that is for a 1110 hauler and not the workhorse. The wiring diagram is a little different and wire colors are not the same as well. Will go thru and double check again.

Bryan
Old 05-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #16
BaggageCar
Not Yet Wild

After reviewing the wiring diagram that is supposed to be for the 1110 Hauler I noticed that four of the wires were crossed. After connecting them to the correct wire per diagram I still have nothing happening. Except that when I jump the ignition switch now the solenoid clicks. I have attached the wiring diagram. Does anyone know if this the correct one for a 1999 EZGO 1110 Hauler.

Bryan

Old 05-10-2010, 08:06 PM   #17
BaggageCar
Not Yet Wild

Any thoughts other than the solenoid? I did change the 4 wires to connect to the proper color according to the diagram. Still nothing other than when I hook a jumper from the ignition hot to the lead back to the solenoid. It will then just click. Should'nt I have to depress the pedal for it to try to turn over? Its as if I am by passing it.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 01-28-2018, 08:14 PM   #18
Roy Hauer
Not Yet Wild

Have a EZGO Terrain 1000 with Kawasaki 13 hp. Its about 3 or so years old. It started to loose power, then refused to run. Cleaned the carb and it started right up but only ran for about 2 minutes. I changed fuel pump out to no avail. Tonight I pulled the spark plug and while cranking there is no spark at the plug. Any ideas as to what could cause this and what I need to look for and check. I need to get it fixed ASAP as the wife is going for double knee surgery and this will be her means of transportation around the property. Nearest dealer is over 80 miles away. Any help greatly appreciated
Roy Hauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:10 AM   #19
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Hauer View Post
Have a EZGO Terrain 1000 with Kawasaki 13 hp. Its about 3 or so years old. It started to loose power, then refused to run. Cleaned the carb and it started right up but only ran for about 2 minutes. I changed fuel pump out to no avail. Tonight I pulled the spark plug and while cranking there is no spark at the plug. Any ideas as to what could cause this and what I need to look for and check. I need to get it fixed ASAP as the wife is going for double knee surgery and this will be her means of transportation around the property. Nearest dealer is over 80 miles away. Any help greatly appreciated
Common courtesy here, Please start your own thread as it can get confusing trying to help several people in one thread.

Now back to the issue at hand.

Baggage car,

The power for crank and ignition, comes from a large post on the solenoid via a fuse (i think if i remember correctly without a diagram in front of me.)and then goes through the pedal switch and on up to the ignition switch, this then feeds the power back to the small post on the solenoid for crank and to fire the ignition. It seems an odd way to put the ign switch after the pedal switch but it makes sense if you think about it. So, make sure you get power into and back out of the pedal switch first, then see if it follows up to the ignition switch. This is why jumping the ign switch give you crank immediately when it should not. Once you get power going out of the ign switch, you should then hear the solenoid click. If not there is a break between the switch and solenoid.

I hope my memory serves well here. I will try to find a diagram for your cart though to check.

When you remade you battery terminals, make sure you have them on the battery correctly. Ground to the chassis/frame and positive to the solenoid, this is a common mistake and will prevent the engine firing even though it will crank.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:58 PM   #20
Roy Hauer
Not Yet Wild

Well excuse me, I thought I was on the area for a new thread. Please feel free to delete it and me if that would make you feel better.
Roy Hauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO