lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #1
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Are suspension mods & lights for me?

I recently got my first cart, a 06 gas TXT. Since I use it around a farm I'd like to add a headlight kit for when days get shorter and I do chores in the dark. I have been looking for a decent wiring harness plug in style kit with a good cutting template, but before I do anything I'd like to know if cart lights work decent. Are they dim like most lawn mower lights or are they bright enough to be useful?

I am also curious about my cart's suspension. It is stock and so is obviously configured for a manicured golf course. I don't need additional clearance, but bumpy fields and pastures are rattling the cart and I pretty good. I slow down a lot but I wonder if there are suspension modifications suitable for my use. I assume the lift kits are much like truck lift kits where the ride suffers unless you're seriously off roading, which I won't be. All I want is to go faster over rougher terrain than the cart is currently configured for.
SGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2010, 10:14 AM   #2
Team Redesign Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Are suspension mods & lights for me?

would you get the cut in bezel headlights or the headlight bar?
Team Redesign Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #3
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I just assumed I'd get the cut in style. Maybe attaching them to a push bar would be better, since it would protect the cart body. I guess the only thing I am really committed to is that I want wiring style that'll plug right into the stock harness. I could do it from scratch but I have too much to do as it is right now.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #4
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Oops, I just realized you are talking about this sort of light https://www.golfcartparts4less.com/c...el=1&pSize=200 That mounts under the body on formed sheet metal brackets. I still kind of like the push bar idea though.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Team Redesign Golf Carts
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yeah i dont like those light bars, they arent as bright as this http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf-cart/buggies-unlimited-premium-light-kit-for-1996-and-up-ezgo-txt-models/LHT%20EZ2%202001
Team Redesign Golf Carts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

I know it's not on "par" (no pun intended) with what you are hoping to do, but this is a case where a little time can save you big $ and net very good results. On my cart, I bought a set of 70w wide halogen micro-driving lights (at Walmart of all places) for $18, they're very small and unobtrusive (just over 2" wide and 1.25" tall) and throw quite literally as much bright white, useable light as a car/truck. I also picked up a small piece of aluminum stock (1" wide X .15" thick) and made a couple of brackets to mount them up under the valance of the cart where they can barely be seen - total cost under $25 for lights that really REALLY illuminate (far better than my buddies workhorse with the factory headlamps) - keep in mind too that the 20min or so it would take to make up some mounts and tap into a power source is far less (as well as nowhere near as critical of a project) than cutting and mounting a light kit.

I believe if you look close, you can see them in my avatar pic - my cart's a different style that yours but you get the idea

As to my opinion on the suspension, I did a simple 5" lift and upped the skins to 22"X11", the bigger, lower-pressure tires really absorb a lot of the bumps here on my 96 acres, and while the suspension lift really doesn't improve the suspension persay (just lifts) the added ground clearance between the lift and the bigger tires really allows the cart to safely access MANY places and situations that just wouldn't have been possible with the stock configuration... Keep in mind that lifting the suspension will not stiffen it (as is the case with many truck lifts) so overall you will actually soften the ride with a lift and bigger tires.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I like the Wal-mart light idea. Our Wal-Mart has the Blazer Xtreme brand in about five different models. I wrote down the description in your post and I'm going to try and find the same model you have. It makes sense to me since you already know they work, rather than buying something with a pencil beam or some other unsuitable design for the cart application. I can't tell by your avatar if yours are round or retangular.
Old 09-12-2010, 01:18 PM   #8
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Mine are the small oval ones - the Blazers (which these are) have a couple of different patterns, make sure you get the "wide" ones, they'll light up everything around you as well as in front. For the record, a buddy used the slightly wider rectangular ones on his cart, and they really aren't anything except physically larger, the wattage and pattern are about the same, it's just up to you to decide which look best with your cart (I was going for subtle, hence the tiny oval ones)

BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:00 AM   #9
SGF
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I couldn't find anything but 55W lights in my local Wal-Mart. Since I was making a hay run near another Wal-Mart I tried there too, but still only 55W. I bought a set similar to yours for the same price you paid except they are 55W. They came with the wiring harness and switch, so now it is a matter of installing them and hoping they have a wide enough beam and brightwness. The box touts them to be an addition to high beams rather than some other mofels that said they were for decorative use, so we'll see.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

55w is all we use on lots of carts... two L brackets and a toggle switch, & you are good to go. Plenty of light to drive the cart at night by...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3836.jpg (55.1 KB, 8 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO