lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
carrollbarb2
Not Yet Wild

Unhappy need to pull choke full out to run

Gas ez go cart sat all summer in car port in the Florida heat and would not start .added some fresh gas,checked fuel pump which pulses and pumps into jar,took carb off and cleaned but still have to spray gas into carb and hold choke full out (closed) to run .Ran good when put in storage.maybe need better carb cleaning?? Please help.
carrollbarb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
ez go go
Doin' the Wild Thang

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need to pull choke full out to run

Did you remove and clean all the jets and blow it all out with some compressed air?
ez go go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
carrollbarb2
Not Yet Wild

I used carb cleaner only.I found two jets under scew/caps .Now that you have led me back to the carb I will get air hose plus carb cleaner and look close for another jet.I must be missing one.Thanks for the come back,I looked for carb diagram but can not find,cart is 4-5 yrs old.thanks,Carroll
Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #4
wish2fish
Gone Wild

I had similar problem last year. totally pulled apart the carb, soaked in cleaner and put back together. be sure to have a fine wire to poke through all the orifices.
wish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
carrollbarb2
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice.Too hot in florida to work on it today.94* Looking forward to having another go at it tomorrow.I let you know how I come out.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
BLakeside
Gone Wild

The carb has many passages, air and gas. The proper way is to have the the carb soaked in a carb cleaner vat,and a rebuild kit installed. Having said that, I have gotten by with using spray carb cleaner and spraying every hole ,orifice and gap. The possible down fall to doing this, is that running a gas engine lean will lead to overheating cylinder and seizing engine.
Barry
BLakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The bowel has to be removed to do it right.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:19 PM   #8
carrollbarb2
Not Yet Wild

Thank you,thank you,I took carb off used cleaner AND compreesed air and sure enough when I blow out the bowl center orifice a very small hole got much bigger .I know I had it. Reinstalled and cranked ,when gas got to carb it started without choking and runs great. Thanks for pointing back to the carb and compreessed air.I hope I don't need you guys anymore but good to know you are there to help...Carroll
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO