lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
OLDESTCOWBOY
Not Yet Wild

Smile 96 club car electrical

Friends; i have a 96 c/c that i am going to do some work on. It has kawasaki gears and i think stock motor.
1. Do you recommend 10" tires and wheels
2. Should i put the pot. Conversion on it to modify to mcor or should i just replace the gas pedal pot
3. It has kawasaki gears ..do you recommend diff. Motor and controller. The cart does approx 25 mph now and i would like it to go faster.
Thanks for any help
bob
OLDESTCOWBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #2
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 96 club car electrical

If it is a 96 and does 25 mph it already has some modifications done to it. Is it a 48 or 36 volt cart? Can you post pics of your battery compartment/controller etc...? If you want to faster than 25 you might want to consider suspension mods and some better brakes.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

In 1996 there were series motors and Regen motors ( Shunt ) and any updating is different on each so would need to know what you have and also voltage? Also in 1995-1997 there were several different potentiometer units used and some are still available and others are not? Conversion to MCOR may require changes to the pedal assembly itself as again during 1995-1997 used different castings?
Remember that your cart was built and designed for speeds UP TO 8-15 MPH not highway speeds?
By going 25 MPH now you have far excceded your ability to stop and steer safely, so I would address addition of disc brakes all around at the very least first before going any further? Then do a complete rebuild of steering and replace all shocks. I have 10" wheels and tires on my 1996 shown in avatar, But with your speed you need to have high speed rated steel wheels and DOT rated tires ( highway rating ) to be safe. I hope your cart is not lifted as this will make the cart even more unstable at speeds you are doing now? I hope you have good life and cart insurance because you may need them?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
OLDESTCOWBOY
Not Yet Wild

thanks for the input...I have a 48 volt system with the pot. mounted with the gas pedal i have had a problem where the gas pedal plugged into the harness and cut out the plug and soldered the wires together. it nows works o/k but sometimes with the pedal halfway down the cart loses input from the pot. I appreciate all the thoughts about the speed and I think I will leave well enough alone. .........thanks sgain
BOB
OLDESTCOWBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

PM= Personal Message sent.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car