lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-05-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Better Brakes for G1

The 'What Have You Towed" thread brought up a problem I have been considering for awhile- the marginal brakes on our buggies. While they are adequate to stop a stock cart, if you start pulling loads or in my case with my Bravo powered buggy, start running it above the 15 MPH designed limit, the brakes just aren't enough to safely slow it down. Better brakes are available for newer buggies:

http://www.wheelsca.com/
http://www.auscoproducts.com/index.php?page=ameritorque

What have you guys done for your G1's? Will the Ausco brakes fit a G1? Could a caliper like this be made to work if I can find a suitable rotor to fit the wheel bolt pattern?

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3386_200323386

Anybody out there 'Fixed" the brakes on their G1?
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #2
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Better Brakes for G1

I'm going to look into adapter racing go kart brakes to a cart. One will stop a 400#,40hp 2cycle open kart running 60-70mph. 2 should have no trouble stoping a cart running 25-30 mph. If those won't work sled brakes then.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #3
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

rokcrlr

did you find some brakes ?
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I had a guy's G9 that the brakes hardly worked. Ordered a set of shoes and tore into it one day, and I find the shoes are just fine in there. What is going on here... So come to find out the little actuator arms are half froze up and not moving the shoes right; the shoes need to float on that thing. So I work it for a while and get it freed up, then I lightly sanded the shoes for a fresh surface. The brakes worked just fine after that.

I like the idea of welding an atv front onto a cart, but that is a whole project in itself and you get more than just new front brakes lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #5
nwarren9
Gone Wild

Yamaha

fount this on ebay but it takes a 10" or larger, has any one tried them yet?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_nkw=...76&_ssn=e-z-go
nwarren9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha