lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2011, 03:47 PM   #1
541omm
Not Yet Wild

Default Can anyone tell me if the gas and electric ezgo's rear ends are the same?

Can anyone tell me if the gas and electric ezgo's (rear end) are the same? I'm looking at an electric ezgo.... late 80's and I want to put an atv motor in it and want to get a sproket for the ezgo rear end... this work?
541omm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #2
98 EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can anyone tell me if the gas and electric ezgo's rear ends are the same?

Im not for sure but I don't think that they are. I believe if you but a shop manual for the rear end from ezgo they are two different manuals. One for gas models and the other for electric models.

There will be someone along here shortly who will give you a better answer.
98 EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:31 PM   #3
541omm
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can anyone tell me if the gas and electric ezgo's rear ends are the same?

Well I need to know if this would work even on a electric model
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...eafCatId=11208
Old 01-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
thewskrs
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

541 the difference is the gas model has a reverse gear built in on the 4 stoke models. The old 2 strokes ran both ways so you didn't need it. If yours has no reverse you will need to have a reverse built into the ATV engine. If it already has a reverse you can use any type engine you want. The ATV engine is good if it has enough horse power cause it should have clutch, reverse and all.
thewskrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
541omm
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewskrs View Post
541 the difference is the gas model has a reverse gear built in on the 4 stoke models. The old 2 strokes ran both ways so you didn't need it. If yours has no reverse you will need to have a reverse built into the ATV engine. If it already has a reverse you can use any type engine you want. The ATV engine is good if it has enough horse power cause it should have clutch, reverse and all.
But that sproket should work with any model?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Another thing , on electrics, the motor bolts right to the rear axle to a flange.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:02 PM   #7
541omm
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokcrlr View Post
Another thing , on electrics, the motor bolts right to the rear axle to a flange.
What does that mean??
Old 01-26-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Rokcrlr was talking about this!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2429.jpg (135.6 KB, 30 views)
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 PM   #9
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

No, it won't work.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:14 AM   #10
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Anything is possible. Heres a Honda 250SX hooked up to a chain drive then to a 2 stroke axle. Reverse is in the Honda, shifted with the foot pedal. So you have to build a shifter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 250SXengine87EZGo2.jpg (114.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 250SXengine87EZGo4.jpg (129.0 KB, 29 views)
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO