lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2011, 10:41 AM   #11
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Powerdrive charger plug swap ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I just saw a new product that relates to this .... it is an obc eliminator ... little box mounts into a CC cart and has a timer for the charger and eliminates the OBC duties....I have not used one ~ just saw it in a catalog
im developing a similar device, but voltage controlled.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2011, 12:50 PM   #12
cat boat racer
Getting Wild

Club Car

Ill be a test mouse ! when is it going to be ready ? Mike
cat boat racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #13
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

SORRY I PASS NEIGHBOR CANT AFFORD THAT PRICE?
I have added the Lester timer units to several CC Power Drive chargers by cutting into cover face BUT dont like the results anywhere near like what unit with OBC handling battery voltages? Lots of baby sitting and testing to keep fully charged and unable to get equalization and sulfation that I like and hate to charge a new battery pack with them at all?
Voltage sensing is only way to go as far as I am conserned. Lots of after market units claim to be as good as LESTER CC UNITS WITH OBC BUT I DONT SEE IT?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #14
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat boat racer View Post
Ill be a test mouse ! when is it going to be ready ? Mike
i will need a few testers at some point. not sure how long it will be though... i get side tracked easily, especially when i hit a speed bump. and i hit two speed bumps the other day.. i think i killed my data logger plus i had difficult time finding a suitable voltage regulator for the 3.3v µC. but i'll likely give it another go now that im inspired to pick it back up.

not sure that this will solve your problem though... the unit im building would be a supplement to an existing OBC, not a replacement. the OBC regulates the current supplied to the batteries for at least part of the charge cycle. replacing it would entail a far more sophisticated circuit and software routines.

the circuit im constructing is a low-cost voltage watchdog for those who have bypassed (or partially bypassed) the OBC's current sensor by using heavier gauge wire. it will "pull the plug" x minutes after the voltage hits a certain threshold.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car