lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Sharp turning to right, not left?

Hey everyone! On my 1989 Four Wheel, it turns ALOT sharper to the left, but not much to the right! The wheel will only tirn about 7/8 of a complete turn to the left, but two full turns to the right. Nothing feels loose. What would be causing this?

Jon
EZ-GoingJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
BigCountry79
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Sharp turning to right, not left?

correct me if im wrong guys, but i believe almost all vehicles turn more to the left than right, thats we when you cut donuts you always go left
BigCountry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

You cut donuts to the left because you are sitting on the left and you mentally think you are less likely to get thrown the heII off that way or turn over!

If nothing is broken or bent under your cart I would say your steering box is not centered. Raise the front, turn the wheel full left, then right counting the rotations, then back half of that to center steering box.
Then readjust tierods to center wheels.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 09:46 PM   #4
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry79 View Post
correct me if im wrong guys, but i believe almost all vehicles turn more to the left than right, thats we when you cut donuts you always go left
Complete opposite for me!

Hard to the right, not much to the left!

I will give that a try crash!!

Jon
Old 02-09-2011, 09:49 PM   #5
EZ-GoingJon
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, the thing is, when i turn to the left, it is pretty much "bottomed out", due to that piece of steel on the passenger side on the spindle~i think it is for towing multiple carts at once, like at a golf course~

Jon
Old 02-09-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Agree with Crash!!

Once you do that you may have to pull steering wheel and re-center it?
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:47 PM   #7
BadApple
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Jon,
Looks like you got the lift, tires and wheels on Did the installation go smooth, are you happy with everything? Do you have any pics? I'd like to lift mine a little one of these days. I'm interested to hear what you figure out on the steering. Good luck and keep us posted.
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:25 PM   #8
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

The lift kit will cause some loss in turn-radius in one direction.You have to reset your entire steering system to do it correctly.Unhook the drag-link from the steering-arm(short tie-rod)turn the wheel fully to one side,count turns to full opposite turn.Split this #,that is true center.Bring wheel back to that point(don't worry about the wheel being straight,you can remove it and recenter it later).Now set your wheels straight,roll the cart forward and back 1 time each direction(do this on a flat,smooth surface),this will settle the suspension and wheels.Now hold the drag-link to the steering-arm,adjust as needed to make it line-up.This should get your steering pretty close.If the drag-link is sloped up-hill it will lose some turning in one direction,you can compensate with drag-link adjustment to fine-tune.After this,recheck wheel alignment,adjust as nescessary.Then remove and recenter the steering wheel.Hope this helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 AM   #9
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachanga90 View Post
The lift kit will cause some loss in turn-radius in one direction.You have to reset your entire steering system to do it correctly.Unhook the drag-link from the steering-arm(short tie-rod)turn the wheel fully to one side,count turns to full opposite turn.Split this #,that is true center.Bring wheel back to that point(don't worry about the wheel being straight,you can remove it and recenter it later).Now set your wheels straight,roll the cart forward and back 1 time each direction(do this on a flat,smooth surface),this will settle the suspension and wheels.Now hold the drag-link to the steering-arm,adjust as needed to make it line-up.This should get your steering pretty close.If the drag-link is sloped up-hill it will lose some turning in one direction,you can compensate with drag-link adjustment to fine-tune.After this,recheck wheel alignment,adjust as nescessary.Then remove and recenter the steering wheel.Hope this helps.

Very Well Put!!
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:08 PM   #10
BadApple
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hey Jon, did you get the steering problem fixed?
BadApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO