lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #11
reinman88
Gone Wild

Default Re: Took the plunge

Quote:
What about the fact we didn't get any gas out of the fuel tank line when turning it over. Shouldn't the motor turning over pump gas out of the tank and into the in line filter?
Think I answered my question. Looked through the part manual, and found the fuel pump. Guess it would help to take off the hose after the pump and not before.

Wait a minute, it was my son in law that took the hose off to test if we were getting gas. Boy I can't wait till tomorrow.
reinman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2011, 10:39 PM   #12
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

I guess I was just kind of figuring that the fuel and other such things, like spark
were still okee dokee....

and they probably are, and you're probably spot on mate about getting "used to" the starting in such and such weather.. Great cart !
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #13
reinman88
Gone Wild

Since you have one, thought I'd ask you a couple more things if you don't mind.

Salesman said it was best to just step on the gas to unlock the brake. Manual says exact opposite. I'm thinking manual is right, but thought I'd ask if salesman has a point. I thought it odd that allowing the brake to slam forward during release would be considered good for the cart.

Also the switch.

Mine has off, on, and third setting, which upon reading it appears to be for lights, which this cart doesn't have.

I plan to add a brush guard and put some lights on that. The light kits I've looked at come with a switch, but could I just wire them to the carts switch and run them that way?

Thanks for all the help. If I get this thing started tomorrow I'll get it out of the barn and get some pictures.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #14
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

I have a 98 1200 and love it so handy!! Thats funny about the fuel line. As for the brakes you can tap the gas pedal quickly or push on the bottom half of the brake pedal. i usually use the brake pedal because i'm like you don't like the pedal slamming up just my opinion.
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #15
rocko
Gone Wild

One of my carts has the lights switch seperate in the dash next to the 2 position key switch and the other has the lights running thru a 3 position key switch -----I bought a new key switch for the one with the light switch and the guy asked if mine had a seperate light switch as they come both ways with either a 2 or 3 position switch , you could go either way
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:55 AM   #16
reinman88
Gone Wild

When I get ready for lights I'll have to make that decision. I suppose almost anything could run off that third position, say like a radio. Then just use the switch that came with the lights for the lights.

For lights I've been looking at some of the smaller automotive fog light kits. One brand said it came with a lighted rocker switch. Does anyone know if the light stays on in the switch all the time or just when the lights are on. I doubt it uses much juice, but I thought if the cart sat for a few weeks without use the battery might drain.

I think this is part of what attracted me to a cart. Instead of just taking what comes off the lot, you personalize it to your own taste. Some that are more mechanically inclined change the inside and the outside. While others like me make the outside changes. Leaving what's under the hood, or in this case under the seat, to those with more experience. Of course all that changes when you're done on the outside and get bored.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:52 AM   #17
rocko
Gone Wild

Something I didn't mention is tthe one with the seperate light switch is a two position switch as it has been changed and there is nothing on the second position so I have plans to put a couple of tail lights on back the cart as I do ride it on the street sometimes as it is pretty rural where I live , the two position switch would let me be able to turn the headlights on the first pull if I was in the woods and with the second pull the tail lights would come on if I was on the street , a double pull switch come also work headlights on first pull and another set of say fog lights on the second --------something to remember when adding a lot of electrical toys is that they draw juice and the generator doesn't charge when it is idleing , you have to bring the RPM's up before it starts to charge I have got to see that as I added a voltage gague to one of them
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (81.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg wo.jpg (141.1 KB, 10 views)
rocko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #18
reinman88
Gone Wild

Mine does not have the gauge on the left side, just the switch, oil light, and fuel gauge.

I thought about power draw and that is why I liked a set of fog lights I found that were only 35 watt each instead of 55 watt. I'd probably only need lights when heading out early for hunting or coming back late, so the fog lights will be enough to handle all my lighting needs. I suppose if I did hook them to the third position on the switch it would be easy to add some tail lights since I do go about 100 yards on a gravel road to get from my place to the turn off for my hunting area.

Ok, tried to start again this morning. Figured if it was flooded last night it should be good now. Just touched the gas a bit and tried that. Then choked a little and tried that. It is about 30 here this morning. Same thing.

I pulled the hose off the fuel pump that goes to the carb and gas came out when turning it over. Took out air filter and it was nice and dry. Took out plugs and they looked ok too, maybe a little damp buy I was trying to start it.

Didn't have time to check for spark, but looks like we'll have to do that later. At least then I'll know I have gas and spark.

Will it make a difference that I took the gas line off at the fuel pump instead of the carb? It was easier to get off there.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
reinman88
Gone Wild

Well I guess if one keeps his fingers off the choke it will start. Either that or I jiggled the right wire and that did it. Either way it's running.

Guess some off road tires will help.

Well, now I need to crank up the woodsplitter and fill that cart with some firewood for the house.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

that looks good. heck of a buy.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO