lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel pump not working .

It's more than a good idea it's pretty essential and probably yhe reason that your seal popped out. Unfortunately the bearings are fitted on the inside of the crankcase so you will have to take the engine down to the last nut and bolt.

If you are going down this path you may want to consider a top and bottom end rebuild kit. It will set you back ~$400 but you will end up with a new engine.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #12
cowboy wayne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Took the engine apart and found that the rod bearings felt good. Is it a bad idea to use that crank ? I have just put a new top end kit on before it quit this time .THANKS for your help AGAIN DAVE . YOU HAVE A NICE CART .
cowboy wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:59 AM   #13
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Wayne, If you are happy with the big end then there is no need to mess with it. It looks like you will just need the three bearings and a set of seals. Good job on getting the engine dismantled so quickly. I hope that the rebuild goes as well.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #14
cowboy wayne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

THANK YOU DAVE you have been a giant help . I couldnt have done it with out you . SO THANKS AGAIN and Iwill keep you posted on the progress .
Old 03-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #15
cowboy wayne
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

After getting the bearings off i found a then spacer . I bent it getting the bearings off . do i need to measure the thickness and order a new one , or how do I set the end play in the crank ?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO