lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-11-2011, 05:36 PM   #21
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: New motor, cart won't move

If your digital meter is working correctly you have major problem with battery charger or controls? Sounds to me that charger isnt automatic function or not reading batterys correctly? Is the pack ground cable routed through the OBC? Or is the charger relay bypassed and charging whenever hooked up to house power?
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-11-2011, 05:47 PM   #22
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

OK Im sending a PM.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:46 PM   #23
mustangless
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD MEC View Post
If your digital meter is working correctly you have major problem with battery charger or controls? Sounds to me that charger isnt automatic function or not reading batterys correctly? Is the pack ground cable routed through the OBC? Or is the charger relay bypassed and charging whenever hooked up to house power?
I thought about the meter being wrong, like the battery dying in it. I will check something else tomorrow to make sure it is right. Yea, I got the cable routed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLEEMO View Post
OK Im sending a PM.
Let me play with it some, I have only put like 10 minutes into it the last couple days (computer has been taking up time). My brother (who actually knows stuff) is supposed to be over tomorrow too.
mustangless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:14 AM   #24
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

So where did this end up?
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #25
mustangless
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
So where did this end up?
Sorry I have been busy with other stuff and not had much time to mess with it.

Knowing (really just thinking) that my controller was fried I took it off and opened it up waiting to see something burned. I did not see anything, but I did not go too far into it, just looking at the top board.

Put it back on and jumped a cable from post to post on the solenoid. Still, nothing but battery light and buzz if in reverse.

The battery in the volt meter was dying, that is why my voltage was high. Put a new battery in it and I got between 60-70% charge level. Cart still has not been charged.

From my research I think it is not the OBC. I am still not sure about the controller since I just looked at it. Next I am going to look into the solenoid. I hate using the multi meter but I will probably use it to diagnose the problem.

My red wire that runs from charger plug to the battery broke. Don't know how long it has been breaking off, but could this cause my problems or just charging?
Old 03-19-2011, 03:06 PM   #26
mustangless
Getting Wild
Club Car

The motor gets battery voltage (48.x) at a1 and a2. When the pedal is pressed down a2 goes to negative 48.

When the peddle is pressed for the first 1-2 seconds you can slightly hear a high pitched whine.

Cart still won't move.

Could I have ordered the wrong motor?
Old 03-19-2011, 05:27 PM   #27
PLUMQUICK
Gone Wild

Did you order IQ motor?
Does the motor have a 3 wire pigtail?.........Gray plug?
PLUMQUICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #28
mustangless
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMQUICK View Post
Did you order IQ motor?
Does the motor have a 3 wire pigtail?.........Gray plug?
Yes, yes and yes

I am almost 100% certain it is the controller. I put the volt meter - on a2 + on a1. With the switch on run, key on, and forward switched I get 0 volts. Start pushing the go pedal and solenoid clicks. Continue pushing the go pedal to the floor and meter goes to 5 then the solenoid clicks and meter says 0.

From what I gathered it should start at 5 at go to 50ish. Tested the mcor and it was doing what it was supposed to.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car