lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
camojfk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Angry Re: backfire

whatever i did i made it worst. i changed the exhasut gaskets and all it does is backfire put the old ones back on and same thing.
camojfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #12
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: backfire

Is your first statement still correct in that you release the accelerator and as you cruise to a halt just before you stop you backfire?

If your microswitch is set correctly the plug would stop sparking as soon as you released the throttle so I wonder if the source of the ignition is carbon in the exhaust pipe. I would be tempted to remove the exhaust pipe and go for a ride. It will be hellishly noisy but if it cures the problem then maybe the solution is to bbq the pipe as well as the muffler.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:41 PM   #13
camojfk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

no it does it all the time now,something changed. i ll take the muffler off and give that a try
Old 04-02-2011, 04:20 PM   #14
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Actually what I was suggesting was to remove the exhaust pipe not the muffler. You can then make sure that the gasket between the cylinder and the pipe is OK
Dave
Old 04-03-2011, 08:20 PM   #15
camojfk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

the spark plug was covered in carbon. took the pipe off and all it did was shoot flames out
Old 04-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #16
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

It will shoot flames out as the exhaust port opens before combustion is complete. This is why if the pipe has a hot spot or the gasket is broken or if there is an inordinate amount of carbon in there it will backfire. So with the pipe removed did it backfire?
Dave
Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 AM   #17
camojfk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: backfire

i changed the carb thinking that would help, and it did to some point. i bent the mirco swilcth. i ajusted the bolt all the way in and bent the tab untill i got it where i needed it so the spark stays longer after i release the pedal. it seems to be working much better

new carb @ everythingcarts 99.99 free shipping and no tax
Old 04-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #18
racin161
Gone Wild

Hay Evansville Il. i'm over here in Lebanon Il. was just looking at you photos and wondered if your throttle cable is secured to the bracket jam nut each side.Just a thought but if the cable is moving in and out you could be chasing your problem. DON'T KNOW
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO