lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2011, 08:19 PM   #11
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: brake light switch

Yes that is nice (took a second look) and it does the job, but 66 dollars is like 30 to much @ 30 I would grab it. Im now looking into 2 switches one runs the lights the second (on the e-brake) turns them off (wire the switches in series with each other. Doesn't C.C. have some sorta setup for this.

Essness when all is said and done that may be on my cart. Do you have on your cart and will it last, do you see the wires?
gaminde is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #12
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaminde View Post
Yes that is nice (took a second look) and it does the job, but 66 dollars is like 30 to much @ 30 I would grab it. Im now looking into 2 switches one runs the lights the second (on the e-brake) turns them off (wire the switches in series with each other. Doesn't C.C. have some sorta setup for this.

Essness when all is said and done that may be on my cart. Do you have on your cart and will it last, do you see the wires?
I do not have it on mine. I have a starter button that I have been using for years and it still works. I also struggle with the price on the switch a little. But the Ez-go OE solution is $160.00. So, at some point I will have one.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Well being faced with those two options its looking real good. I was at the 0 to 66 dollar range and it looked high. Im going to look at some brake light switches at the auto store tomorrow, two should do it! one on the brake pedal just below the rubber stop, so when pushed it turns on, And the second on the lock assembly (it drops down when e-brake is on). may be making brackets.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:57 PM   #14
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Hmmm Starter sw for STOP I like it
Old 05-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #15
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

theres something about that switch...........i have seen a few carts that after they got them setup the brake lights would stay on when park brake was on and it was something in the switch they didn,t have......just make sure before you spend the cash and get stuck with a switch............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #16
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: brake light switch

I had a terrible time with the little switch - ya gotta get the bracket in the correct place, and with my switch, the travel in the brake pedal was a lot, and the little metal arm would fall off/out of the intended "groove" and jamb the switch. I had the pedal assembly in & out more times than I can remember.

Like I said, if I had it to do all over again, I would get the switch that goes on top of the brake pedal. It would certainly be worth the few extra $$, to avoid the problems with that little &*&%^%#(^%(* switch.

My wiring harness did have the wires for the switch. Sorry, I can't give you the wire colors, the car is in AZ, and I am in Colorado.

Have fun, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:04 AM   #17
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy View Post
I had a terrible time with the little switch - ya gotta get the bracket in the correct place, and with my switch, the travel in the brake pedal was a lot, and the little metal arm would fall off/out of the intended "groove" and jamb the switch. I had the pedal assembly in & out more times than I can remember.
hmm... i figured the kit would be much less hassle... if its that much work, i would rather just get a few micro switches and figure out the brackets on my own.

anyone try a reed switch?

these look awesome! link
brass, stainless or plastic
hermetically sealed
looks like they start at around $10 for the sensor ($11 for stainless) & $2-3 for the magnet
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:53 AM   #18
gaminde
Gone Wild
Club Car

Great Idea on the reed sw. could have of used a hall effect sensor also ( I have enough of them around). Well I had some sealed switches laying around so I tried my own thing no cost in parts about $5000.00 in labor .

First picture is the brake pedal switch the second is the e-brake picture
step on the brake the lights come on step on the e-brake and the lights go out wired them in series. it works ! we will see how long !
I just had to try
Old 05-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #19
carguy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: brake light switch

gaminde:

You da man! That switch set up looks great! Lots simpler than the switch under the pedal assy, and 'prolly cheaper than the delay circuit.

Have fun, Dave
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:43 PM   #20
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Question Re: brake light switch

I use a 3 throw head light switch hooked to relays for all the lights. I also mount a 1949 Chevy truck water proof switch to the underside of the cart. Pull out the switch 1 time and you turn on the radio and brake lights. 2nd pull is head & tail lights. Less than $15.00 total for the parts.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car